I'm going into town now

Lads I’m seriously thinking of buying a trouser press. Does anyone have any experience of purchasing one or indeed using one in the home environment.
Now I’ve an open mind with my purchase, online, a high street store, I don’t mind.

They are a great job

2 Likes

I knew you’d have one.I’m getting one because you have one.

2 Likes

Signing in .

My destination was Cork. My day didn’t get off to a great start as I got stuck behind a tractor on the Lisgriffin road to Mallow. This annoyed me untold amount as the individual driving the aforementioned tractor had numerous attempts to pull in and let the queue of traffic that was beginning to develop by but no he kept going for another mile or so until he eventually turned into a some farm. I got petrol and a bottle of water in the N20 plaza in Mallow before I continued on my journey to Cork.

I arrived in Cork and parked the car in some multi storey on Grand Parade. Upon leaving the car park I walked through the English Market to cut across to Patrick Street. I noticed quite a number of tourists taking pictures of the fish mongers that appears in the Young Offenders Film/TV series.

I walked towards the Superdry shop as I was in the market for a few t shirts. After having a look at the various items of clothing in the shop, I ended up buying a bit more than I had intended. I purchased 2 t shirts, a jumper and a zip hoodie.

I then proceeded across the street to Gamestop where I purchased some Xbox Live Membership. My current subscription had elapsed and I had a voucher to the value of 20 euro so I got a 3 month subscription which will allow me again the play Madden NFL against other Madden players online. I then walked towards Easons where I noticed the Harry Findlay book “Gambling For Life” was on sale for 9 euro. I purchased that and then made my way back towards the car park. I then headed towards Mahon which was the original purpose of my trip to Cork. I had to undertake a medical for a future employer and after some thorough tests I was declared “Fit to Work” :sunglasses:

I then proceeded to make my way home, I stopped at the “Wild Goose” in Mallow for a roaster Turkey and Ham dinner which was delightful as the buff would say. Following this, I continued on my journey home and one I did arrive home I played a few games of Madden :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Have you given up on going travelling?
A daily 5000 word piece on your adventures would really liven this place up.

Good luck in the new job

I have, Ive a job sorted in Cork and will be making the move in the coming months.

1 Like

Another good Limerick man lost to Cork cc @anon61956325

1 Like

Agreed. In fairness Cork was owed a decent one after accepting @chocolatemice

1 Like

1 Like

I’d say you’ll get a great carvery there.

To be honest I’d love one but have to settle for Italian. Hitting up a few Irish bars first, its been a while.

2 Likes

You’re in the wrong thread

No, that was the view from the first stop of the evening.

Is it San Francisco? I thought you lived around there

Every second person you see these days is sporting a Seahawks or Steelers Beanie hat.

Ive a Redskins one myself :smiley:

1 Like

Giants for me

I’m taking a few liberties with the thread title but I’m going into town tomorrow morning with my life partner. We’re going to get lunch somewhere after completing a few errands and afterwards I want to watch the hurling in a comfy armchair in a well air-conditioned hotel lobby or bar. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good match watching hotel (not pub) venue that fits the bill in Dublin city centre?