In The Courts

I’m no legal expert but I would’ve thought 3 to 5 years anyway.

1 Like

At a minimum he should be thrown out of the army.

1 Like

Judge Tom O’Donnell again. The DPP needs to take this prick to task.

3 Likes

Jesus I can’t get my head around this one. How the fucking hell can it be suspended. Absolutely ridiculous.
These character references piss me off as well. Doesn’t matter a fuck if someone he has asked to give it says he’s a nice fella and it’s out of character, he bet the shit out of a girl in an unprovoked attack, END OF.
Also, mentions he had been drinking all day, so what.

Until these judges are taken to task we’re going to continue to spiral further and further out of control.

4 Likes

exactly.

Jesus that’s a horrific one and the sentencing seems completely imbalanced in weighing up the impact on his career over any punishment or justice for the victim.

2 Likes

I’d say he hasn’t a bob.

1 Like

Strange how when I search the word “Crotty” on Twitter, not one result comes up from any prominent Irish right wing accounts.

Almost like they want to sweep sweep.

My auld fella would have him as COTY. “No friend of the guards”.

Read about that cunt,judge is a bigger one though.

2 Likes

Ever notice how all the males have legs shaped like this?

1 Like

It’s absolutely bananas that there’s two in a row bonkers sentences for violent crimes and it’s the same judge.

3 Likes

Some tweet by Vincent.

2 Likes

Same as that, cant figure it at all. Seems like he was roaring “faggot” randomly as he walked down the street and by God was he going to give it to anyone who called him on it.

Thats not a one off, hes obviously a horrible prick that just hasn’t been caught until now. I see the sandbaggers are now “beginning the process to dismiss him”.

Sure they are now they see the way the wind is blowing, didn’t stop a Senior Officer telling the Court what a great guy he is. Pathetic from the army

8 Likes

https://twitter.com/vincentbrowne/status/1803875491293839834?s=46&t=yRtB8lhW_RucCjdm3dqcBw

He shouldn’t have apologised

Vincent would want to be careful. Theres a few on here who would want him sued ta fuck a la barton.

1 Like

Shur drive on and hold his ground. He admitted his mistake but he shouldn’t have apologised

Would the Senior Officer have had to ask permission to give a character reference?

1 Like

His superior at the Limerick army barracks, Commandant Paul Togher, gave evidence that Crotty was an “exemplary”, “courteous”, “professional” and “disciplined” officer.

When asked by Ms Buckley for his reaction to the evidence of the attack, Commandant Togher replied he was “exceptionally disappointed and surprised” as it was, in his opinion, “very out of character” for the defendant, and that he was most disappointed as Crotty, as a solider, “is expected to keep people safe”.

When asked by Crotty’s barrister, Junior Counsel Donal Cronin, if he had been asked by Crotty to come to court, Commandant Togher replied that, as a senior army officer, he was required to attend criminal cases involving Irish soldiers. He said this role required him to report back to superior officers on matters that may effect a soldier’s future in the forces.

1 Like