In The Courts

Not dissimilar to a recent case

1 Like

But thatā€™s attend not give a reference no?

Iā€™ve no idea. Think they have to attend Court if thereā€™s a soldier on trial but not sure where it stands as regards character references. Of course theyā€™ll always appear in full uniform either way which shouldnā€™t be allowed imo.

Definitely not is my reading of it, his brief is to report back and nothing else unless he wants to give a reference i reckon.

I dunno I just pasted from the article. I have some sympathy for the officer there, presumably they asked him something like what was your view of the of this fella as a soldier. You can see how he was selectively quoted from.

The girl in question was on the tonight show there now.

This judge may have done us a favour this time. Theyā€™re not answerable to anyone.

3 Likes

I see as well where the judge ordered the offender to pay 3,000 quid to the victim.

Talk about adding insult to injury.

1 Like

He has loads of form for making decisions like this Tom Oā€™Donnell - RTE didnā€™t think much of the decision when it was their lead story on the news.

Beating the shit of a woman and verbally abusing men with homophobic slurs.

Some piece of shit for our defence forces eh

6 Likes

Pat Kenny is aghast at the sentence.

its without prejudice to civil proceedings, which would be a shoo in with a guilty verdict in a criminal trial, not that crotty the cunt would be a mark for damages.

How likely is it that DPP would appeal?

Given the public outrage Iā€™d say likely.

1 Like

No surprise Justice Oā€™Donnell is in the rubby set

Iā€™d say Mark added that bit himself.

3 Likes

The victim herself on news talk was outraged by the sentencing of, and backing of a recent high profile event in Limerick, and clearly equates the two.
Many of the same folk complaining about her attacker were lauding the previous one.
Go figure.

6 Likes

Whatā€™s really going on here? Some issues between the guards and judges?

lenient judges far too focussed on the rights of the defendant rather than the rights of society and the victim. goes on far to regularly

6 Likes

This seems a very severe example of that though doesnā€™t it? Heā€™s at it a while too itā€™s almost like heā€™s trying make a point