Injuries

Just having a go at this here & I’m a bit troubled.

Should I be going Aa Bb Cc…Xx Yy Zz?

Or ABC…XYZabc…xyz?

Aa Bb…

1 Like

Genuinely, the easiest and cheapest way to re-establish proprioception is to spend as much time as practical standing on the affected leg with your eyes closed.

2 Likes

@fenwaypark what was the treatment you mentioned getting previously on your calve? Is it some kind of laser? Do you think it would be good to break down scar tissue on a hamstring?

Perfect for scar tissue. I had a hamstring injury for 18 months. Spent a fortune on physios/physical therapy etc. Got laser and was cured in 10 minutes. Has a massive amount of scar tissue on hammy. No amount of deep tissue was going to shift it. Paddy Leahy in laser centre pioneered this technology.
http://www.lasercentre.ie/contactus.htm

3 Likes

Takes about 3 months for appointment. You wont regret it. 100e but if you have VHI, you get most of it back.

2 Likes

I might look at getting it done, the constant feeling its going to pop is annoying me.

1 Like

Paddy will sort you 100 percent. Book it tomorrow, don’t put it off.

2 Likes

Paddy is a genius

You could spend months doing exercises and paying 50 a pop to a physio or you could get sorted in 10 mins

1 Like

Sliced the tip of my thumb off earlier…i thought id just cut it and made for the workshop where i slathered it in superglue and sprayed it with ‘kicker’…so thst the glue would sey before bleeding started. When i returned to the kitchen i saw a 5p sized piece of flesh. It was strange to see my fingerprint somewhere else other than on my finger. If id realised earlier i could have glued the piece back on. It’s not sore- probably because the nerve endings are in the bin. I wonder will it heal, or become infected.
I also have a sore shoulder…a sort of rotor cuff scenario. I can’t sleep on that side and it’s showing no signs of getting better.
I should really have taken a photo of the tip.

Sustained a dead leg in a match at the weekend. Played on at 70% at the time after a spray of deep heat but feeling the effects of it still. Back walking with less discomfort today but hobbling. Would you be typically well set for another game the following weekend after a dead leg? Had one back around 2016 but it happened in training during one of those periods where there were very few club matches because it was peak inter-county season.

Deep heat patches are good for a dead leg.

2 Likes

You should be right by the weekend but could still be sore up to Friday.

Generally once you can get warmed up it should be ok.

2 Likes

Yeah I put a pack of peas from the freezer on it for 15 mins every hour Sunday night and rubbed some form of deep heat gel into it. Massaged it with a balm last night too. Hoping it wears off in the next 48 hours.

1 Like

Diaphene subsidiaries mate. Only way

2 Likes

Get into the shower, get hot water on it for 30 seconds, cold water for 30 seconds - repeat 4 or 5 times. Do it multiple times a day if possible

1 Like

Sit on your leg on the the couch I.e. like you’re doing a quad stretch … having the muscle stretched helps the recovery of dead leg

1 Like

Man the fuck up and run it off

3 Likes

Played on with a dead leg for the whole match sure. I’ve been fortunate so far where I’ve never missed a training or match with an injury up to this point.

1 Like

Jaysus. How old are you?