Injuries

Long may it last

1 Like

Was playing U8’s about 20 years ago which would give you a ballpark figure. It’s grand on the wings skirting around avoiding the heavy hits.

2 Likes

You must be as slow as a cart ass to have never pulled a muscle

I’m like a Kenyan.

1 Like

What playing U18 when you are really 29???

1 Like

A Kanu style job.

While reading another thread, a thought struck me, and maybe I’m completely wrong, but you don’t seem to hear of many cruciate injuries in top soccer players anymore?

1 Like

Its almost non contact now

Most cruciate injuries are non contact

2 Likes

The resultant injury or tear might be but it comes from load on the ligament over time, turning under pressure constantly. Basically being hit while turning

I think removing the tackle from behind has brought about the decrease in this injury

deep heat is the last thing you should be putting on a dead leg.

Ice and get in to the sea,

2 Likes

Jaysus are lads still using the aul dape hate?!

Im mortified you had to spell that out.

1 Like

Advancements in S&C coaching. Samè with hamstrings.

Who were the high profile ones in the past? Niall Quinn missed 94 WC, Keane haaland one.
Funnily enough you rarely if ever see gaa players at any level wearing the formerly ubiquitous big blue uhlsport knee supports and you never saw soccer players wearing them at any stage.

1 Like

Shearer. Marco Van Basten, Zlatan, Gazza…

Mostly lads with the back to goal a lot getting dunted

Gazza and Keane’s ones were freak ones

R9 wasn’t quite an ACL more so his kneecap exploded along with everything behind it

lads jumping in for the glib remark are always leaving themselves wide open

Very true. Still hear loads in amateur sport tho.

The other side of the coin, I’d never heard of high level syndesmosis but is now commonly heard of. Ankle sprains were always common place but high syndesmosis leading to a 2 month layoff seems only a recent occurrence

Went in for a 40/60 tackle last week and came out with a slight strain in the middle of inner knee. Mild pain walking up stairs for a day but it mainly went away. Can still feel a small strain down the inside of knee area if i put pressure on it…
Obviously mild ligament strain.

Ive done the obligatory thumb up the hole, what’s the best exercise to strengthen the area? @estebandaface

The fuck are you doing executing 40/60 tackles at your age?

1 Like