Injuries

Wall squats squeezing a ball between your legs

Specifically targets the muscles in the hip and quad that stabilise the knee. Its been a recurring excercise for me for rehab from dislocations when you get atrophy.

Make sure and do hamstring stabilisation too for balance

You know the one were you extend opposite arms and legs and try go parallel with one leg grounded. Kind of a t shapeā€¦ keep the hips and toes pointing down.

1 Like

Im contemplating playing tonight

You know yourself the risk bud. If there is any pain at all Iā€™d give it a swerve.

1 Like

I knowā€¦

1 Like

Go in and get a knee sleeve or wrap it at least you mad bastard

Get yourself one of those big massive blue foam knee support yokes. Youā€™d always see premier league footballers and international athletes wearing them so they must be some use.

1 Like

Top sports stars and broken down old lads wear them you mean

Play. Youā€™ll be retired long enough.

Thats what i thought as well when i played with the seniors of a thursdsy after playing with the reserves and getting a knock on tuesday.

Mangled and done at 33. Canā€™t even play 5 aside

2 Likes

Exercise that involve not putting pressure on it or walking up stairs.

He hasnā€™t posted in a while, the coverage in the CUH must be brutal

Iā€™m no doctor but that doesnā€™t look right

Who is that?

Mr. McGreg

Go with the top sports star one.

Nigeria keeper Uzoho, from 2019.

Laid up here in Santry Sports surgery clinic. Ruptured cruciate back in August. Had surgery with Ray Moran this morning. Doped to the gills here on pain meds. Had the other ACL done back in 2009 and got good mileage out of that. Body aint what is used to be but hopefully I can eke out another 1 or 2 years.

On the bright side my long fast is over. Probably one for the ravenous thread but this was better than most Italian restaurants Iā€™ve been in. Maybe a case of hunger being the best sauce after axlong fast.

Read the missing members thread this morning before I went under. Probably not the best idea ever. Prompted me to send a few texts. Deeply saddened to learn about @Portumna_Bridge. It has been a rough few years for members of this forum. Whatever about Twitter and people moving on, I think there is something really special at the heart of this place that draws you back. Bit like the hotel California. You can check out but you can never leave. I love reading peoples achievements and overcoming adversity. @Cheasty I hope you are looking after yourself brother. I was thinking of you a bit recently and am rooting for you.

35 Likes

I think I was in that very room. Best of luck with the rehab.

2 Likes

I hope your recovery is as quick a one as possible and a full one Johnny. Iā€™ll be rooting for you too.

5 Likes