Injuries

Did you get insoles? Depending on your cover laya will give you money back on that. I got 75% back a few years ago

ACLs were a big issue in amateur rubby and GAA about 6-10 years ago. A big focus on S&C (particular movements in play) rather than run the bollocks off fellas or get them to lift weightlifter championship level weighta.

Vera is vindicated

They give you orthotics

Yes tailor made.

Yes tailor made ones. You get measured and they take about 2 weeks. I must check that out.

Do they cost a fair chunk. Takes a few weeks to get them i think you may also be able to claim as medical expenses for tax return for what laya doesnt cover.

I wouldnt trust orthotics… good podiatrist sort you right out

They are the only things that have worked.

I’m not trying to denigrate the advice you have received lad.

I suffered with plantar fascitis for a while and had bad case of bunions, went to a podiatrist and got sorted within six weeks.

Podiatrist is the legally protected term for dealing with lower limb, not to be presumptive but I’m guessing the people in foot solutions prescribe orthotics for everyone.

Different strokes for different folks but I don’t see how using something akin to a crutch will help long term.

6 Likes

I get ya :+1: point taken.

1 Like

It was mentioned during a camogie coaching course I did recently. It’s seems to be mechanical and linked to the wider hip of females. Some specific warm up movements can be used to help prevent injury.

3 Likes

Superficial thrombophlebitis lads.

A dirty, dirty bastard of an ailment

Is that like varicose veins Bridie?

2 Likes

No mate it’s inflammation of a vein. I can feel the empathy through the screen though

:rofl:

1 Like

yes.

1 Like

Something I have in common with Jamie.

Triffic.

How’d you come by that?

No idea pal. I woke up monday with a pain in the knee which isnt unusual. Trained tuesday and flew to london and walked around all day wednesday and thursday, flew back. Its been getting increasingly worse so went to doc today and thats what he said it was.

Very uncomfortable

Rest and anti inflams?