Injuries

Solpadol, antibiotic and anti inflam with blood thinning. Its somehow got infected and caused another fever.

Fuckā€¦ Spilling over from the other threadā€¦ Not a bad weekend to be under doctors orders to rest up. Soccer and NFL. You wonā€™t be going to hurling Sunday?

If the swelling and pain is gone i will. Its actually grand when im moving. Stopping and sitting is distressing enough.

I have the panto tomorrow which we had to postpone twice due to various shit so id say Iā€™ll be going to that under pain of death

1 Like

You can stand in for widow twanky

Spent the day in cuh yesterdqy with this as medication wasnā€™t working. Had to go on a drip, theyā€™d have ideally kept me in but no room so i came home. 2 days complete rest with leg elevated to give anti clotting meds a chance to work.

Nasty bastard of a yoke

3 Likes

Another GAA knee injury. Theyā€™re beginning to pile up.

I suspect i have a stress fracture in the heel area of my foot. Happened about 7 weeks ago and rested it completely to last night, felt goodā€¦ Played a bit of ball last night and I cant walk on it today. Iā€™m undecided about going to spend a few hours getting scans and the likes just to be told rest it. I suspect they might put me in a boot for a week or so also and fuck me for drivingā€¦
Self diagnosis is calcaneal stress fracture. Anyone ever have this?

Ive had my thumb you know where, no good.

Is it not Plantar fasciitis?

3 Likes

That wonā€™t be exotic enough for him

4 Likes

Yeah Could very well be but i had a stress fracture at the ball of the foot years ago and itā€™s similar. With plantar itā€™s generally bad in morning ? whereas this has been constant since last night.

I can recommend a nice circular saw I recently purchased. Cordless so you can do the job wherever suits.

Anything broken/cracked in your foot is a nightmare and you realistically will need to get a scan at some point if it persists.

Yes, itā€™s bad in the morning time and with use it isnā€™t as bad. But, say, if I was here at the desk for a while and then got up and walked, it was be sore. So in my experience, yes, after rest in bed where your foot naturally stretches out as if you were up on your toes, it hurts like hell for the first few steps. It hurts like thereā€™s something broken when you roll it with a sliothar or a golf ball, but these are the exercises you have to do.
Mine has calmed down since I did the DCM, no pain anymore thankfully.

3 Likes

Will you call up later and do some work on it so? I have my own baby oil so no need to bring it

1 Like

But seriously, Tiger Balm and Voltaral are very helpful.

1 Like

Iā€™ll try your way firstā€¦ Give it a couple of days before rolling?

Roll your calf to bits - itā€™s tight calves causing it. Then roll the sole of the foot. Lots of exercises on YouTube

3 Likes

No, get rolling straight away. Hurts like hell but needs to be done.

Pain is more to the very inside of foot and about two inches in from back of heelā€¦ Iā€™ve screen grabbed this convo and will be bringing you to court if i do further damage.

1 Like

Sounds like PF to me. Roll and stretch your calves

1 Like

TFK has been saving lads time and money for years :clap:

1 Like