Injuries

I have a funny one for the TFK Experts to decipher.

A few years ago now (pre-pandemic), I was on a night out, when a female friend of mine clumsily stumbled and stood with her 3 inch high heels on top of my foot causing me fairly significant pain at the time. Just under the big toe - i would say right on top of one of the stronger bones in the foot.

Anyway because it was the off season and because of the embarrassing nature of how I sustained the injury I never did anything about it and just sort of let it sort itself out. In the intervening period it has caused me bits of distress and pain at various stages but never anything to cause me to be overly bothered.

Anyway for whatever reason this year, it has flared up on me big time. Way worse than normal and i get a darting pain sometimes when i land on it in a certain way when running/jumping etc. Its usually fine to walk on. I put it down to ‘skipping’ becoming a part of my local sports team’s warm up routine this year.

Any way my question to the TFK Experts is could i have cracked/broke/fractured a bone in my foot years ago and been able to carry on relatively normally for a couple of years only for said crack/fracture/break to get progressively worse over time?

Might be too hard to shove it up your own hole, but you could try.

I was expecting sympathy to be in short supply.

Might it be the dreaded metatarsal?

1 Like

Turf toe or fracture of metatarsal

3 Likes

What’s turf toe?

And would you need to go in a boot to get something like that fixed?

No.

A lot of NFL players experience it from running on hard ground. It’s a sprain to the area.

I got it from playing football on astro

1 Like

Sounds like @peddlerscross got an injury from a visit to a dominatrix

11 Likes

He could have said he dropped a bag of meal on his foot instead tbf

2 Likes

I dropped a box of silage wrap as a kid on my big toe. Myself and my cousin were messing with it. Fierce sore.

He’ll have to shove his big toe up his hole

1 Like

Women and bone problems, eh.

The great Ken Early seems to have a similar problem to you in that he recently aggravated an old injury to a bone in the foot which never properly healed, I think he accidentally nudged the foot off the leg of table or some such.

I know your pain as I spent the summer of 2005 in some mild discomfort having injured a foot jumping out of the upstairs window of a licensed establishment not once but twice about a week after Liverpool won the European Cup. This discomfort thankfully resolved by around late August and never came back.

How’s the eye Cheasty, and how are you?

I can’t believe this wasn’t asked in the last two hours, for shame TFK.

Would you ride her (your friend)?
Did you ride her?
Are you still together?

2 Likes

This was the girl who stood on his foot

download (4)

2 Likes

None of those questions have any relevance to my current predicament.

I was merely trying to provide some context on how this sorry mess started for me. The answer to number 3 is ‘No’ though.

1 Like

Would you get a referral for an X-ray?

Mate, grow up a little ffs.

Luckily you still have a few months to get it sorted

2 Likes