Injuries

Septic arthritis could set in by then and you’ll lose the foot.

1 Like

The physio would be more likely to fix your ankle though in fairness :man_shrugging:

He has no interest in fixing the ankle. Sure he’s 5 weeks in. He wants love and attention and a quack who promises to fix it immediately.
Id tecommend night swimming @Horsebox

3 Likes

Not in my experience.

You’ve torn the ligaments in your ankle. Your bollixing around now over the last few weeks means it won’t heal properly either.

2 Likes

A physio will give you exercises to rehab. A physical therapist will relieve the pain.

1 Like

I did mine bad enough when I was about 17. The whole thing was black with bruises. Took a nice while to come right. A decent bandage and just go easy on it

I tore ligaments my ankle, then played a match a week later. I was so concerned with protecting the damaged ankle, i also hurt the good one. It never healed properly, and I’ve a big lump pf calcification underneath my ankle bone. Gave me a lot of pain when playing on hard ground for a couple of years afterwards, but eventually pain stopped.

5 Likes

Did you find your twist it more often than usual after?

1 Like

@Kyle is right . You need to get the finger into the damaged tissue in the swelling under the ankle and move it in circular motion to break it up or else you will lose the flexibility and movement in the ankle .the ligaments stretch to stop the ankle form snapping , you need to get into the damaged tissue . Ultrasound treatment from physio helps.

Not really, the pain was more on the hinge (i.e. kicking a ball)

Yeah mine was black with bruises all the way down to my toes which I thought was weird.

The flexibility and movement is gone forever he has left it so long to deal with it…all he is fighting for now is no limp

1 Like

Mine would give a very mild twist every few weeks.

That and that alone stopped being the first man to simultaneously play in a World Cup for Ireland and hurl in an All Ireland for Limerick simultaneously

1 Like

Just when the split season came along to make the stars align and all.

Took your advice and headed out to the VHI clinic this morning. Turns out I’ve a small fracture in my ankle and have to wear a boot for the next few weeks. Heading off on holiday next week for 2 weeks so that’ll be great won’t it? Thanks for nothing.

6 Likes

Could it have been anything else really ?

1 Like

If you’d gone when it originally happened, or even when you originally posted about it you’d have been out of the boot before the holiday.

Billy Big balls thinking he could walk it off. Amateur hour.

Oh look it’s Johnny Monday morning quarter back with the big ideas.

Wanker.

1 Like