Injuries

Physical therapistā€¦I donā€™t know why, but i rate them more than regular physios ā€“ Iā€™ve been to three over the years and theyā€™ve always sorted me where a physio hasnā€™t ā€¦ But I wonder do physios play a longer game and get you to come back way more times than is needed and drag out treatments ā€¦ But a good physical therapist seems to have a much more holistic approach ā€¦ I could be way off tho.

By Mrs Oā€™Sullivanā€™s size 5s

She has kept the drugs in full flow ā€” wife of ex doctor ā€”

Muscular related injuries - Physical therapist
Joint injuries - Chartered Physio

Prevention - get off your lazy holes and move

2 Likes

Well Iā€™m very happy youā€™re better, bro. I just wish youā€™d listened to me 3 years when I first diagnosed you.

If any other TFKers have lower back pain, tight glutes or searing pain down the back of your legs, feel free to pm Dr. Horsebox for a free online consultation.

i donā€™t have pain down my leg ā€“ thatā€™s the obvious sign of disk problem - my problem was the contorted vertebrae putting pressure on disk and pinching the nerveā€¦ i didnt have disk problems three years agoā€¦ thanks all the same, bro.

I said ā€œorā€ pain down the back of your leg, bro. There can be numerous symptoms. You just concentrate on getting better and leave the diagnosis to the professionals, mate.

1 Like

Itā€™s not a fucking brothel youā€™re going to pal

Youā€™ve obviously been going to the wrong places, pal

Sprained my thumb at squash this morning, guys.

Tried shoving it up my hole but it makes it worse.

Anyone else have issues with the Plantaris muscle in their calf? Seems to flair up on me at the start of every year

Itā€™s the damp weather

F.A.O. @ChocolateMice

1 Like

First game of the season and I think some fucker might have broken my big toe with a wild pull. At best Iā€™d say I can kiss the toe nail goodbye. Can see the bruising coming up under it already and it is fairly throbbing this evening although it isnā€™t overly swollen but it is vibration in it when I give it a flick.

Assume there isnā€™t much the A&E will do aside from splint it if I go for an x ray

Lads anybody have issues with their calf? I badly injured it last year in our a county final, turned for a ball and when sprinting pulled up. Did a proper job on it, got physio and rested it for about 3 months over the winter. Then went playing a bit of astro and all seemed fine. Been back hurling training 2 months and the other night I felt it again, i havenā€™t pulled it but I feel a tweek.

I stretch it well before and after trainingā€¦ what else can I do?

Probably a bit of scar tissue still there. I had a right calf tear last year as well. Seems ok now. I got dry needling and was hooked up to machine which sent electric impulses into the calf. Also deep tissue massage. I generally avoid physios and go to physical therapists instead. More hands on and has worked for me over the years.

1 Like

Cheers man. Iā€™ll give that a go.

Make an appointment to see paddy leahy in lasercentre. Sounds like a build up of scare tissue. Deep tissue only goes so far, laser will have it as good as new.

Have you tried sticking your thumb up your hole?