Injuries

Best of luck. I suppose sid will have to kick the Pope on his own

Best wishes @Fagan_ODowd.

What hospital are you in? I’d like to send you a package.

What’s the timeframe to be walking about? Days?

If you need me to pop up and feed bobby just say the word. Or is the ‘nephew’ holding the fort

Best wishes @Fagan_ODowd. You’ll be back prowling in no time

Prowling with super powers. There will be no stopping you

I’m grand for pajamas @Bandage, but thanks anyway.

Anyone have experience of a fractured cheekbone? Confirmed for surgery later in the week, will be on turkey purée for the hols.

@glasagusban - IT band syndrome — early stages i’d say - pain on the outside of the knee - little bit of clicking / popping. - rest, anti-inflamms and foam rolling with a bit of stretching?

I never had any clicking or popping. Ice ice ice and anti inflammatories. Rolling may provide relief but isn’t in any way preventative. What set it off? I’m trying to build up my running a bit at the moment but I’m not confident that I will be able to keep it at bay.

Gone back to the gym in a big way — doing lots of leg work and then 6 aside astro and 11 aside on a hockey pitch … I suspect the latter is playing a part as the surface is old + tough … maybe new footwear.

the knee cracking and popping sounds like something i had, does it happen when you are going up stairs or getting up after sitting down…

it could be this patellofemoral pain syndrome. Rest is only real cure… No squats until pain gone

Yeah - pain when walking up hill / stairs … popping can be random when it happens.

I’m due my 6 monthly back treatment this Saturday ( this also affects hip) so I hope it might be related to that.

Running around playing soccer on legs tired from weights in the gym sounds like a recipe for disaster. If it’s sore don’t run on it, the inflammation builds and becomes much worse and much harder to get back under control.

Ah - football would be on different days obviously – i’ve just upped activity in general is all… hopefully it’s nothing serious and just connected to hip/back that i’m having sorted Saturday.

hip/back directly leads to the patellofemoral thing, also the IT band thing. Overcompensation on the knee joint basically. I had to sort out hip and lower back first to stop it happening.

Do you do any mobility/stability work?

I’ve slacked off … what do you do? whack up a few exercises there

C.A.R.S twice a week for everything.

here is some for hips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kM-o61Z14I

and some for back

1 Like

@Bandage and @Appendage, in to see paddy leahy this morning with sore knee. Paddy took the inflammation out and zapped my knee a few times. A genius.

1 Like

Went there last week on your recommendation mate

A miracle worker and he is a sound gent

Very happy

2 Likes

Good stuff. I’m tentatively over my chronic calf problems. Wednesday morning was the first time since last summer where I wasn’t conscious of it. My gait wasn’t gimpy and I found myself opening my legs and really expressing myself for the last 2kms.

1 Like