Injuries

You’ve opened the door right up now for lads in their 40s jokes/recriminations.

Have a knee injury (most likely require surgery) and also a back injury at the minute. I’m thinking of getting a piece of equipment that is less harsh on the joints until I recover. I was all set to get a spinning bike until someone mentioned to me recently they’re hard on the back. A cross trainer is also an option.

Any advice/guidance/ previous experience appreciated

How did this go bud? - what’s the treatment here?

Cross trainers are useless …

Get light weights and exercise bands (stiff ones) … and build up strength (around injured areas) and mobility …

1 Like

Cheers pal :+1:

Knee replacement yesterday… Full of drugs…

28 Likes

A dose. Hope you’re nicely medicated.

Loving the shorts :clap:

1 Like

Rest seems to be the only solution… Have done fuck all in the past 6 weeks and it has settled down but its not fully right.

1 Like

The knee is a sore one. Don’t do any more or less than the physios say.

What age are you if I don’t mind asking?

42 in a few weeks… I’ve had 3 fuckers of bleeds tonight/this eve… Well pissed off

5 Likes

Fucking hell :worried:

Your toenails are looking well.

2 Likes

Thank @Ambrose_McNulty, the lovely Denise cut them for me today🙈

She has a fine schteady hand

1 Like

Is it the varicose veins you’re getting done?

This absence won’t be lost on the north Galway rabbits, they’ll have utter shit made out of the vegetable plot by the time you cross the Abbert.

6 Likes

A legacy of your playing days? You are dead right get it done young and not to be limping around in pain like a fool for the next 10 years.

1 Like

I haven’t seen a rabbit down the land in 3 years kp

1 Like

Ya unfortunately

Welcome to the club pal. First couple of days after the op are hard but you’ll be surprised how quickly you get better.

3 Likes

Too much turf cutting

3 Likes