Injuries

Its a grade 2, middle/top.

Its not my first time doing it.

Strained a muscle on the left side of my mid back last week.

Itā€™s proving to be quite annoying sitting at my office chair at present and hasnā€™t really improved in the past week.

Should I be doing some sort of exercises/stretches to alleviate this or is it just a matter of rest?

QL muscle?

Rest does very little for anythingā€¦

1 Like

If you could get at it with a tennis ball or foam roller if you have one ā€¦ gently massage. Heat. Anti-inflamm ā€¦ light stretching.

1 Like

Kind of behind the rib cage. I can get at it with my knuckles which provides limited relief.

When I sit down it kind of feels like a mild spasm.

hard one to get atā€¦

some of these might help

1 Like

Never really had many back issues before bar the odd bit of sciatica in my lower back.

So itā€™s safe to say my regimen of resting and taking it handy on my back will do nothing for this issue and it will be light exercises and stretches that I need to do?

Movement is good. Rest is bad ā€¦ always better to get back at mild activity as soon as you canā€¦ have a hot water bottle behind you when you have to sit

2 Likes

Thanks guys.

Unfortunate way to pack up. You had a good auld run at it.

Astro turf should be banned

Has anyone tried CPD oil for aching joints? And where can it be got.

Iā€™ve tried joints for my aching joints? I get it from an old bag I hide it in in the utility room.

8 Likes

Do you mean CBD oil?

Half the Limerick team are using it for tendonitis.

https://littlecollinscbd.com/

I can vouch for this stuff. Worked like magic.

https://littlecollinscbd.com/collections/tea-range/products/vegan-cbd-cannabutter

I found it very good for tendonitis myself but not for arthritic pain. Everybody is different. Youā€™ll have to try it. So these are all CBD products, no THC involved, or very little anyway.

Yes, I did mean that

They have walk in shops in Galway and on Kieran St. Kilkenny. Not sure about Cork.

Iā€™m going to check with a health shop in Douglas Court, reckon they will be a good place to start. Iā€™m using Tiger Balm but the stuff stinks.

Listen to your body. Take a break from pounding the pavement.

3 Likes

I want to, I really do. But two things;

1. I need to run to keep the head right and
  2. I have to beat that cunt @Thomas_Brady in the Lockdown series.

Go for a walk buddy. Just as good.

3 Likes