Injuries

Stop running.

Foam rolling and working on your glutes might also help

I’d strongly recommend a guy I use. Dublin based, from Cork originally. If you give him some details on your current fitness level and training regime, injury history and a few other bits and pieces, he’ll assess everything and calculate your optimum number of running sessions per week. He’ll also tailor the distance and pace of these sessions accordingly to manage the load.

cc @fenwaypark

7 Likes

Keep running really hard and fast on all your runs it will loosen itself out

3 Likes

In a pair of hobnail boots

I’m getting a persistent pain in both achilles. If I’m sitting down for a while or inactive its way worse. If I’m walking about its grand.

Anyone know the score here?

Have you stopped rolling your calves? If they are tight, it will run down into achilles.

I haven’t done anything. This getting bothersome now like

Start rolling then, every morning and evening. Just a couple of minutes on each calf. You will notice a huge difference

Would a sliotar do for it?

Too hard to begin with. You can progress onto sliotar after a few weeks

2 Likes

Thanks boss. I’ll give it a rattle.

1 Like

Happened me two years ago. Thought it was plantar fasciitis first and when that eased off I could barely run for more than 1km. Consultant in Santry, we have private health insurance through work, gave me two sets of stretches and told me to go to a physio for shockwave therapy.

Physio gave me exercises to go with it every week. Did six sessions and was back running by the third session.

Absolute magic.

1 Like

Achilles tendonitis anyone?

Slow as fuck to heal. Have to go down the stairs sideways.

1 Like

A thumb right up the heel.

1 Like

I’ve been rolling my calves on advice from here and there’s been no real easing of it.

Same as that. The stairs are a right cunt first thing

Put the front of your feet on a step on the stairs and do calf raises. From the ball of your foot to your toes. 20 on each side and twenty together. Come back to me in a week.

1 Like

Also do the normal calf stretch with one foot pushing forward but raise the inside of the foot that is behind. Even get a small piece of wood to put under half the foot.

Have you checked your heel for arrows?

Has @glenshane been out hunting again?

Heel or hole?