Investment Opportunities (get poor quickly schemes)

Sell sell sell

1 Like

Anyone know anything about this company trading 212 a mate of mine is using them but he can’t tell me how much they are paid for his trades?

Time to sell if you haven’t already.

1 Like

What’s the prediction here?

At the risk of inviting responses ranging from put it all on TFK horse betting tips to shove my thumb up my hole, how should one go about choosing between the major Irish banks options for investment funds? I’d say in all likelihood they all perform fairly equally over time so it wouldn’t matter a shit? Is there any information available to compare past performance of the managed funds of various institutions? Is there any reason I should look beyond KBC, AIB, BOI, say to put a deposit away for five years?

cc @gilgamboa @Julio_Geordio @briantinnion

Are you depositing or investing in funds? Fees are the main thing. It can eat up a lot of your performance if they are high. An ETF has fuck all fees. I’d go with that if you are just looking for a passive investment. Find someone who’ll hold it for you cheaply then.

What’s the difference? I’d be handing over a few quid and locking it away for five or ten years and hoping to see more of it by the time I get it back. What’s an ETF? Don’t presume too much knowledge here.

This is what BOI claim for performance. That seems very good.

Equities return 6-8% on average per year over the long term. So you’d be expecting at least that from an equity fund over 15 years. They should be outperforming it if you are paying them a management fee.
Equities be cray cray expensive at the minute, but they could go on like that for some time.

I’ve no idea what’s in that fund though.

It could be magic beans in the fund for all I know, or care.

If they track the markets the only real variance should be fees. Irish life and others also in this space

1 Like

Is that before or after tax… If before then you need to allow for tax

Stick it into a fund that tracks markets worldwide and forget it… Only point to note here… If putting in a lump sum then markets are high now… If drip feeding in weekly or monthly into the investment this is less of a risk with averaging…

1 Like

No idea. The extent of my research thus far is a cursory google. Putting a lump sum into a thing and forgetting about it is the goal. On markets being high, we’re gonna have a post covid boom!

2 Likes

Crypto is your only option. My crypto investment has quadrupled in the last 4 weeks.

Had lost 75% up to that in fairness.

5 Likes

Shhh. Don’t tell them that.

The more lads be buying the better!

A post covid boom may not actually improve the markets. If inflation kicks back in and money works harder elsewhere they may actually fall.
I just pay a lad (ed from the running) to look after any small bit I have.
Max your pension.

would you not just go all in on the lakeside properties?

The council would be all in on me then mate :slightly_frowning_face:
I don’t have the level of pull lads around here have. Cc @Juhniallio

1 Like

go for a fast track density homes exemption and build hundreds of homes on one side of the lake and keep the rest for yourself

the word claim would be my biggest issue…

1 Like