Iraq / Middle East / Murder Thread

in the NY Times he was quoted

Ok Yoda, thanks for that.

2 Likes

She has a point

Off the top of my head I don’t think that’s right. Can’t remember 100% now but I seem to remember Chomsky saying that Kissinger’s humanitarian response to the Kymer Rouge was good but comparing it negatively with his response to other humanitarian disasters. (In other words just typical Chomsky) I used to read a lot of him when I was a teenager.

I wasn’t aware that this was an issue. I see now that there’s loads online about this, even full Wikipedia pages, but it’s hard to see what he was really trying to say. Probably just his typical “but what about the US!” line.

"Chomsky, he said, questioned “refugee testimony” believing that “their stories were exaggerations or fabrications, designed for a western media involved in a ‘vast and unprecedented propaganda campaign’ against the Khmer Rouge government, ‘including systematic distortion of the truth.’”

That’s not great now from Chomsky’s POV but it was all way back in the 70s, a very heated atmosphere, he wouldn’t still say that now.

Chomsky said that when Vietnam liberated Cambodia from the Khmer Rouge it was a rare example of humanitarian military intervention but he also says there were US lads killing even more people before the KR came along (not 100% sure who he means)

1 Like

Full Iran vs Saudis war getting closer all the time. Only for the Saudis have the US behind them I’d imagine it’d already be underway

The price of petrol would go through the roof . A 53,000 All Ireland hurling final attendance circa 1979 @Fagan_ODowd

The electric car revolution will have to be brought forward

1 Like

Can’t happen soon enough and let the cunts fight over sand dunes.

1 Like

Iran would kick the living daylights out of them in a 1-1

1 Like

Ya unlikely the Israelis or the US would stay out though. No way Israel allows them win that war

Throw up a tale of the tape .

That is the point. The US surely would not let this happen while Trump has managed to find the true opponent in China.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=63HOvxe0cZI

Here you go mate. I whipped this up over the weekend

Doesn’t help that the Saudis are the laziest people on the planet.

1 Like

Good man . Your experience of analyzing the squads in the West JHC give you real credence here .

that goes for all arabs tho
an apalling work ethic
completely disorganised also- there is a reason why no form of manufacturing industry can ever survive or would ever dream of locating to one of their countries

and that culture of saving face - they all want the last word, all want to show they are “smarter” with the I got three pieces of lamb for the price of 2 gone off ones in the local shop from Waahib

impossibe people

3 Likes

Sound just like the Carkies

3 Likes

Presumably the reason the Turks know what happened the chap in the Saudi embassy is that they have the bejaysus bugged out of it but they can’t admit that.

2 Likes

When you hear that Putin is now communicating via letter writing, you realise everyone has everywhere bugged. Because if anyone would know who’s bugging, its Putin.