Ireland captain Rory Best refuses to comment on attending team-mates' trial

What?

1 Like

Bizarre post

I can’t get my head around it. How does it help the lady if they are proven innocent?

Intimadory tactic?

The case is being heard before the courts for fuck sake.

1 Like

Is Best providing a character reference?

Unlike Humphries and Halvey there is still some question mark as to the defendants guilt in this case.

I don’t see much of an issue in Best attending the trial but I am not sure why he did so either.

:rollseyes::rollseyes:

It means she wasn’t raped mate, the judgement of the court has nothing to do with it, whether or not she’s a drama queen or whatever she won’t have deserved that

1 Like

I am absolutely certain that rory best didn’t drag himself out of bed, and think to himself, right im off to intimidate an alleged gang rape victim.
Like I said , I would call his judgement into question, but he now has the majority of the country ready to throw him to the dogs. He knew this would happen. He went anyway. Perhaps he did indeed want to hear testimony for himself before framing his character witness statement (observe the abuse donal og took on here for a misjudged statement), in any case,@rocko, call it what you want. Cowardly it certainly was not. Some are letting bigotry cloud their judgement here imo.
I’m not saying he was right, or wrong, but at best, he is being either a support to a friend he is convinced is innocent, or, he is taking his responsibility as a character witness seriously.

Even more bizarre

It’s nothing to do with bigotry. Some of us are capable of forming opinions on serious matters irrespective of someone’s religion or chosen sport or whatever other stick is being used to deflect from his actions.

It sends out the wrong message completely to rape victims around the country. It would be much braver to be a friend in private but to confront the reality facing that girl and understand that it is unnecessary and inappropriate to show up in court in support of the character of her alleged attackers.

4 Likes

I advent read dodgys post, I rarely do if they’re longer than a sentence, but the quote you provided Just suggests that he hopes that the girl wasnt raped, what’s bizarre is that you have issue with it

Inappropriate I would probably agree.
Cowardly it wasn’t.

On a separate note, this case is very instructive in revealing some very unsavory aspects of Irish society.

I was in the toilets yesterday in Leopardstown after the rugby match on TV and there was a group of 4 or 5 lads in there singing Paddy Jackson’s name joyously among themselves which was met with widespread giggling by an array of men of various ages who seemed to find this funny. There’s a large cohort of the country who seem to believe this was some sort of high jinx and is a subject for light merriment like the Ballyragget stuff.

10 Likes

The most shocking point so far is that @Rocko went to the races and has never yet contributed a tip

So he’s hoping she just got tag teamed and cried rape, thereby hoping for her sake that she’s merely just trying to destroy her own life and the lives of 4 innocent men.

Yea, that’s not bizarre, what was I thinking.

My reading is that he’s hoping that she’s crying rape rather than having been raped, in one situation a girl was raped, in the other one she wasn’t.
For the sake of everybody concerned i hope she wasn’t actually raped, do you take issue with that??

Terrible. Next thing there’ll be songs about a murder of a French lady in West Cork.

Shocking carry on while the trial is still in progress. It reflects very badly on the horsey set.

Seriously? That is unbelievable.

Each one of them deserved a bottling for that

1 Like

I think at this point everyone is aware of the above. Likebait is likebait though.