Ireland in the EU

We gave up our fishing rights, which is estimated to be a multi billion euro Industry, and we’ve stopped farming to the degree that we import 80% of our spuds from the UK…

What have we got from our membership in return?

The euro isn’t worth a wank either.

It seems to me we’ve given up far more than we’ve gotten.

2 Likes

The E.U should be a trade union only and not a governing one.

You didn’t once mention sovereignty or the forrins tookin er jerbs.
Very weak sauce.

2 Likes

A great number of Irish people like being rode rotten. Being in the EU is the perfect tonic for them.

I think it’s time Ireland followed the UK…

Roads, lots of em.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Irish roads are a disaster… And any decent road has a toll on it ffs.

For those of us who don’t need to drive from Cork to Limerick, we’ve some of the best roads in Europe. You’ll find far more tolls on mainland European motorways fwiw

5 Likes

There’s no motorway between Cork and Limerick…

Is there not?

No. There’s no political will in Brussels for it.

1 Like

No harm either

2 Likes

Ya like the cork to limerick motorway

1 Like

An island and we’ve fuck all fishing … the few that are left have to dump catch left right and centre… meanwhile the French and Spanish trawlers can land and truck what they want. Billions being taken from us because Wexford to Dublin got a motorway :laughing:

How does a country with such a farming history end up having to import a basic thing like potatoes? Fields sitting empty all over the country … lolz

1 Like

The micks loved to be ruled by the Germans. Whether it be world war 1 or 2 or now. It’s some joke.

More.money in spuds or beef and dairy do.you think?

1 Like

Into the Commonwealth Mr Bruton?

Out of the EU.

Oh dear

1 Like

There’ll be no such thing as fishing in 20 years so I wouldn’t be too worried about it.

Fuck off over there so sham

1 Like