Ireland in the EU

I’ll delegate that to someone else.

Chocolatemice way ahead of the curve again … The concept of the EU originally was fine and it helped bring Ireland into the 20th century - but that’s all long gone now. It’s a two headed monster now with the stronger economies beset on swallowing up the smaller ones within the bloc… the fucking single economy/currency is some laugh - designed to break and financially enslave the weaker economies with this absolute cuntfest of a European central bank pulling the strings… How can you have such a large region with so many different economies, political ideologies and economic output being controlled by one central bank under a shit coin?? We’re all still as diverse on these fronts now as we were back when it launched with the promise of more integration … It’s a scam. We’ve been fucked red raw. — It’s all about protecting a few economies and pouring monies into coffers of the central bank, not growing and helping economies. All the central bank seems to concern themselves with is inflation… burn the bastard to the ground.

But yeah - the roads.

1 Like

You’re gonna be a top top top grumpy oul fella. And long before your time.

1 Like

“What have the Romans ever done for us?”

We ran the bastards when they landed - like we should now do to the EU

1 Like

They never failed to copy and paste an article when they were asked anyway.

You’re not the manager of me.

Irexit?

Throw off the euro- get back our own currency that we can protect and control. Stay part of europe for trade and what not …

Take back control!!!

The euro has been a complete disaster - I dont think there’s any argument to that. So do we just persist as is? You posted an article above saying no one listens to us - and why would they, we largely only send over ministers for a payday and handy number… How many euro countries have gone bankrupt or on the verge of it? It’s a failed project — we’re currently destroyed by inflation and it’s only going to get worse… but shur, keep the head down and get on with it I suppose. The roads like.

1 Like

Even Barnier has had enough of this European shite, you couldn’t make it up. Nigel Farage was right all along

1 Like

It’s an absolute farce … sovereignty on everything bar currency - what a system :rofl:

How so? What about all the companies that invest in Ireland because we are the only English speaking country in the euro zone? What about being able to go on our holidays and not having to figure out foreign money? Did you ever think of that?

It’s easy tell lads who weren’t around in Ireland in the 1980:

5 Likes

It’s no longer 1980 bud.

1 Like

We can stay in Europe but have our own currency, mate.

I know. Be careful what you wish for.

Like breaking the country to secure German bond holders?

The second the euro came in, everything went up 10%, a total scam, Ireland is one of the most expensive countries in the world now. But hey, Paddy doesn’t have to buy pesetas going to Sphain anymore