Ireland politics (Part 1)

Thank’s @glasagusban - I had a look below.

He names 5 countries - including Poland, France, UK ---- Says he accepts most of it is genuine but that we should have controls in place that ensure everything is above board … Mr Grealish appears to be guilty of ignorance here towards the financial sector and the laws and processes around transferring money, particularly when transferring outside the EU … but based on the 5 countries he name checked yesterday you couldnt call him a racist. The usual snowflakes up in arms tho — everything is a great outrage to the cunts.

4 Likes

If he’d said Luxembourg, it likely would have passed unremarked. What is actually racist, is lads treating somewhere like Nigeria differently, for fear of being accused of being racist.
I doubt Leo wants the flow of money in and out looked at too carefully in any case.

Good man. You’re well able to do it yourself when you try.

Mr Grealish thinks that the same processes within the EU dont apply when transferring outside the EU — all he needed was reassurance and a brief explanation to show him the error of his ways … but no, not in 2019 … MORAL OUTRAGE is the new currency.

1 Like

Not long since we were happily turning a blind eye to the magdalene laundries.

Which way is the wind blowing here lads?

1 Like

Everyone is a do gooder now tho … but only online of course. If those laundries were around now we’d smash them up with some very harsh words on the internet.

OUTRAGE.

2 Likes

Ah, I see how, you’ve either stupidly missed the point or are purposely trying to misrepresent it.

1 Like

You see nothing — you’re too blinded by the veil of outrage and self righteousness

Wait and see what most lads are saying, then go the opposite way, it always works on the INTERNET, it drives lads demented in fact

3 Likes

CSO figures Vs World Bank figures… huge difference.

Might be another can of worms opened here altogether.

1 Like

You sound very outraged, mate.

Do I SOUND outraged ??? Have you got your ear to the screen listening?

FG at it as well.

What’s she apologising for? She was only saying what the rest of us would think.

1 Like

I believe there were a lot more comments as well, not all necessarily aimed at travellers …

I didn’t bother with the article. I just based my initial reaction on the tweet

I’m not sure you can do that in 2019?

Why is the figure for Nigeria so high, out of genuine interest? I know nothing about the vagaries of international txfrs really. Can someone ladybird it for me?