Ireland politics (Part 2)

Is it only the trans part you have an objection to?

No. I asked you how hate is defined. Trans ideology is certainly a huge concern, and it should be for any sane person that has read about what’s happening in countries ahead of us on this curve.

Hatred has basically the same definition under this Bill as it had under the 1989 Act. Who gets to decide what hate is? Ultimately the Courts.

I see Elon is promoting a movie on Twitter and i thought of you…

Even being prosecuted if it doesn’t lead to a conviction isn’t a place anybody wants to be.

1 Like

But on this… Are you suggesting if someone takes offence and labels it hate the police are obliged to arrest and issue a court order and the accused has to then prove their comments weren’t hateful all based on the accusers word? Presumably this is where you support the state’s right to confiscate a persons phone to try and cement the claim of the accuser?

Then it would be a good idea to cool the jets and take a deep breath and think about what you are tweeting.

It all seems very, very arbitrary and aimed at shutting down speech.

We all know what hate is and hate speech… But this is clearly designed to shut down counter arguments.

It’s authoritarian.

Yeah I fully agree. Anybody on Twitter now is mad and inviting trouble.

The Bill expressly says that it doesn’t shut down free speech. Rational discussions of the topics are protected.

It’s secular blasphemy laws.

Nature abhors a vacuum I suppose and the decline of organized religion has led us here.

we have a presumption of innocence. if youre not convicted by a court then there shouldnt be a pulse record. no fair procedures

1 Like

Rights (rabid) Activist for Trans

The police are not obliged to arrest. The investigate a claim in the same way as they would any other crime and as with any other crime they can apply to court for a search warrant if they have reasonable grounds for suspecting an offence took place.

Thanks Art

1 Like

What’s rational? I don’t believe a biological man can ever be a woman. That’s based on biological facts and science. Is that hate if i express it?
I think the Muslim religion is backwards and barbaric based on the way many Muslim countries treat women and gay people. Is it hate to call it barbaric? I think Tippos are all inbred, is it hate to express that?

Did you read the Bill?

It’s defined in the bill isn’t it? I’ve posted it for you to read a few times if you could be bothered your hole.

I did. I’ve given you scenarios above where i have used rational and evidence to make a claim.

In the bill it refers to a gender other than male or female. Can you tell me what that is?

Elmo

2 Likes