Ireland politics (Part 2)

Limerick City has shed Newport and Birdhill. canā€™t claim Sharlene any more

Or @caulifloweredneanderthal

2 Likes

We need more politicians.

Reducing the number of Councillors and getting rid of Town Councils altogether was the biggest mistake this country ever made.

Think I read somewhere before if India had same number of TDs pro rata as us thereā€™d be 50,000 members of parliament over there.

We have far too many tds

2 Likes

Sharlene is from Dromkeen. They emigrated to Tipperary.

1 Like

My parents still lived in the part of Newport where they were in Tipp constituency. Theyā€™ll be in Limerick now for next election though as theyā€™re moving next month.

Big victory for AK47 there. He lost a huge amount of his base last time around and still got in.

If he stays in politics

Is that where her father is? Her mother from Newport alright. Her uncle was a year ahead of me. ā€˜Nancyā€™ was his nickname. A bit of a troublemaker.

You would never guess it to look at them.

10 Likes

The Wicklow Wexford constituency makes little to no sense from what I can make out. You end up with 3 electoral divisions working across 2 county councils. Canā€™t understand the logic at all

2 Likes

Be a grand job for @mikehunt

2 Likes

RODā€™s power base unchanged.

Cc @Copper_pipe

1 Like

Yeah, heā€™s English originally. They used to have the pub in Dromkeen and moved over towards Newport. Think theyā€™re involved in the transport/scrapyard business nowadays.

isnt ROD ex FF?

48,677 to be precise (under the 174 TDs plan).

In all fairness itā€™s like comparing an apple to a combine harvester.

1 Like

Wexford has influcted Mick Wallace and Verona Murphy on us in the last decade or so. The electoral commissions efforts at sense stand up fairly well to the efforts of the local electorate :laughing:

6 Likes

ROD
ROD
ROD
:ronnyroar:

1 Like

More TDS will solve so many problems. Canā€™t wait

Malcolm Byrne - your time is now.