Ireland politics (Part 2)

Looking in detail at the map of the new constituency I think they’ve got it just about right. Just north of Enniscorthy to just south of Wicklow town and taking in from Tinahely to Bunclody. I’d often remark that most of Gorey has more of an affiliation to Dublin type activities rather than south Wexford and often joke on here that we’re clueless of anything that happens south of the N11.

But how the county councils choose to fund the in between areas will likely be a mess. Paul Kehoe seems to be using it as a good excuse to take an early retirement (which he was likely to do anyway)

1 Like

Trying to combine tipp into one council was always a recipe for disaster. Ye just about get over the north/south/mid/west arguement to tog at IC

Dublin Rathdown (where I’ll be voting) seems to be getting an extra seat and also 12.5k voters from the Foxrock/Leopardstown area.

Good news for forum favourite Neal Richmond I suppose.

I presume the “They’re stealing a bit of our county” klaxon will sound.

1 Like

Imagine all the more useful things we could do with that money than paying 14 more of these fuckers, plus all their hangers on, advisors and expenses?

1 Like

Jaysus, the oul constitution was sacrosanct a few years ago :grinning:

2 Likes

I can agree with some bits and disagree with others. Like I do with most things/people etc

Sure look it says a womens place in the home, that was grand in 1937 but in 2023 no one knows what a women is.

Who doesn’t know what a woman is?

Anyway, it’s obvious that it needs amending but you can’t (shouldn’t) whinge about unconstitutionality when it suits and whinge about implementing constitutional requirements when it doesn’t :man_shrugging:

Leo is going to build the Monorail

watching homer simpson GIF

Agreed on beong hypothetical, id rather they have a wage cap for the dail roaster and they cut some of cunts pay personally. More TDs doesnt gripe me, i dont see any point having a referendum to fix this, probably cost more and waste our time. The women in the home one is funny if you really think about it, again pointless amending the wording, pointless.

And below is to trigger fellas. Again hilarious at how people think all this gender identity shit is serious compared to the real issues within the state

The Constitution doesn’t say ‘a woman’s place is in the home’
It says something like that they shouldn’t be required to work outside the home if it affects their family rearing etc

On TDs pay, if you pay peanuts you’ll get monkeys

Well that explains teachers so

Couldnt resist, sorry.

But we have some of the highest paid politicians in the world, with some of the most generous unvouchdd expenses and we still get gobdaws. You could put all 144 of them in a blender and youd struggle to make 1 statesman out of it

2 Likes

Mick Wallace did great work as a TD.

Aren’t Gript a pro-paedo entity?

1 Like

It’s a major negative for sure.

Ben Scallan puts “Catholic” in his Twitter bio; that should tell you all you need to know

I don’t trust anybody who puts “Catholic”, “Christian” or “Guinness drinker” in their Twitter bio.

This Scallan chap ran for Nigel Farage’s astro-turf operation the Irish Freedom Party in the 2020 General Election and received 245 votes.

Johnny Arse is Gript’s PR guy, the guy who pretends not to be a raving extremist but a lovable teddy bear.

The other people on their books have no such pretensions. They’re out and out fascists.

Good at winding up those useless green tools though😁

They are getting no where near peanuts firstly, secondly i dont think they should be on minimum wage but a review of expenses is needed for one and secondly they are paid hansomly enough that regular tds pay to be cut by 10% and ministers by 20% wouldnt be an unfair ask by the public

2 Likes