Ireland politics (Part 2)

I say thats the plan. The shinners will at best keep the same number of seats, fg and ff around the same +/-2. SF wont get the same level of votes particularly in working class areas.

Nothing will change maybe a ff sf government for a year and back to square one. Same policies same output of public service and same issues in housing and healthcare.

At this stage it wouldnā€™t surprise me if either or both of Coveney and Pascal donā€™t run in the next GE

1 Like

An utter simpleton. An embarassment to be honest.

1 Like

Looking forward to the next general election whenever it happens. Itā€™s going to be extremely spiteful - cunts from FG having cuts at cunts from SF whoā€™ll have a go at cunts from FF, The Greens, Labour and everyone else.

As an aside, there is such a general anger out there that we could have a politician(s) physically attacked on the campaign trail next time round. Not saying itā€™s right but lots of people are fed up, the referendums are a symbol of the frustration out there.

That hefty Rabbitte lady in Galway getting cow dung thrown at her could be the least of it.

Covenay is overrated I think anyway. I donā€™t remember him achieving anything of note other than pushing back against journalists in Davos as he walked alongside Peter Sutherland a few years back.

1 Like

The independents will be the kingmakers of the next dail

3 Likes

Iā€™d say Harrisā€™ heart is in the right place, but the jury is out if he could be taken seriously as the leader of a household not to mind a country.

Need an election.

Nope. But an economic downturn would focus a few minds.

2 Likes

Can you elaborate on how that would work ?

I suppose thatā€™s half the problem. Simpletons deciding which simpleton to pick.

2 Likes

They need to start paying TDā€™s way more. Salaries should be doubled.

Iā€™d go along with that if we went for half the tds and doubled the pay

2 Likes

No, we need more politicians.

Getting rid of town councils was one of the worst political decisions of all time.

Headshot on ivana

3 Likes

Meehawl for bringing in the smoking ban. Stood up against many internal dissenters

Didnā€™t he get rid of the health boards that they are now bringing back?

Thereā€™s a low bar here for good health ministers. Smoking ban probably most significant policy in health since the 60s.
Local health boards were riddled with cronyism so probably seemed like a good idea at the time.

I think it was well flagged even at the time that unless there was massive redundancies after the mergers there would be no savings and a massive admin section doing nothing.

Those middle admin folks have basically crippled the health services. Itā€™s impossible to get anything done with them

2 Likes

Heā€™s probably the worst deputy leader Iā€™ve ever seen in politics.

He did nothing for Varadkar.