Ireland politics (Part 2)

The sectarian bigotry of FG has no place in 21st century Irish politics.

Are we ok with the Protestants now?

We were never not OK with Protestants.

Presbyterians howeverā€¦

Cool.

Itā€™s time for FG to give Leo the Enda Kenny treatment. No talking allowed whatsoever, unless there is an autocue with big fucking letters right in front of the cunt. FG would save themselves lots of embarrassment and the general public wouldnā€™t have to listen to Leoā€™s scutter talk. Everyoneā€™s a winner.

2 Likes

Micheal Martin has descended on the Enda Kenny route now of turning every question about his governmentā€™s lack of competence into an attack on SF.

I suppose thatā€™s what happens when youā€™re following the lead of a tabloid editor.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a pathetic character.

Taoiseach, why did the Central Bankā€™s investigation into Davy take over 6 years? And does this fact and the fact they didnā€™t recommend any criminal charges suggest they lack resources and the legislation needs to be updated?

What about that money the millionaire in the UK left SF in his will? That was shady. I wouldnā€™t be mentioning financial irregularities if I was you.

Grand so. Weā€™ll just continue to turn a blind eye to corporate fraud.

Gimp.

11 Likes

I donā€™t get it with Varadkar. Heā€™s a divisive, undermining, nasty piece of shit. Heā€™s nowhere near as clever as he thinks he is, heā€™s not popular with the public, has led them to poor election results etc etc. Heā€™s embroiled in a legal controversy, regularly shoots his mouth off to embarrassing results. Yet the FG/RIC/Nazi crew seem to have some kind of Stockholm Syndrome with him. Thereā€™s never any dissent or talk of leadership challenges. They all seem in awe of him, as if he was none of the above things and actually a real asset. Itā€™s all very Trumpian, cult of personality stuff with them.

4 Likes

Varadkar is an establishment shill. Born with the silver spoon in his mouth, privileged education, well in with the D4 south county Dublin set in RTE & The Irish Times - look at his carefully choreographed interview with Miriam when he came out (just as he was building a challenge as party leader).

He ticks an awful lot of boxes for RTE. He gives them plenty of copy, even if itā€™s predominantly scutter.

I donā€™t vote SF but if Mary Lou or Doherty had leaked confidential government documents theyā€™d have been hounded out of office.

Varadkar repeatedly attacking people attending a funeral shows how out of touch he is with ordinary people. There arenā€™t many people out there who have not broken the guidelines at some stage or another to attend a funeral of a family member, neighbour or friend. Attacking people attending a funeral is pretty low, even for him. Storey funeral = bad. Garda Horkan funeral = good in the land of loveable Leo.

The other thing is that he has never been voted in by the people as Taoiseach. He inherited it from Kenny the first time around, for his second rodeo heā€™s rewarded for leading FG from the biggest party to the third party at the last election.

He is not half as popular as the likes of the Sindo or RTE would have you believe. FG will ditch him pretty pronto when the time comes.

5 Likes

His popularity amongst the FG bourgeoisie was shown at the last leadership contest; didnā€™t he only poll 30% of the popular vote amongst FG party members vs Coveneyā€™s 70%

Varadkar is the only politician who has sought to face down the medical junta.

Heā€™s a great man.

1 Like

He criticised NPHET when he felt it was politically expedient to do so. Then when things went tits up he denied it ever happened. He has the backbone of a jellyfish.

4 Likes

I have to say, if heā€™s having this much of an effect on you, he cant be doing too much wrong.

Hopefully he gets sent away for a long time when his criminal case comes to the fore.

If Leo is so bad for FG then surely you want him to stay in his position? Heā€™s SFs biggest asset right?

That would be assuming SF want to get into power and EOB would have to tell his constituents that he wonā€™t be joining them in objecting to houses being built any more and than Mohammed from Somalia has first dibs on these gaffs.

Itā€™s like Man United fans wanting Coach Klopp sacked.

Leo is more of a Brendan Rodgers.

Heā€™s a disgusting person. I hope he is sentenced for the crimes he committed.

I think the thing is that Leo actively cultivates his relationship with the media. Leaks, scoops, inside stories. He makes their life so easy. Always on hand with a quote when he feels like it. Gives a few jobs to them as advisors. They wonā€™t bite the hand that feeds them.
Heā€™ll get his shock in an election. His big issue will be if Jack Chambers ever does anything remotely impressive(I know the likelihood of that is minscule- but you never know). Then heā€™ll be in deep shit electorally himself.

1 Like