Ireland politics (Part 2)

A load of small businesses will be suing the government over lost earnings and we will be picking up the tab. All to get Leo out of a political pickle. It’s beyond the pale

4 Likes

It’s an absolute clusterfuck.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Her biggest achievement as a minister.

5 Likes

her work is not yet done, she could still easily take out any one of the taoiseach, tanaiste, AG and the 2 simons

3 Likes

The Zapper has done us a great service.

How long does he need to be taoiseach to get pension?

Iirc leo had the position 2 weeks longer than the minimum

Was just thinking that, brought down Kenny and now this. :slight_smile:

please be marty morrisey

2 Likes

nearly 2m a year on advisors between leo, eamonn and michael and they all thought it would be a great idea to retrospectively game the guidance to try and get leo off the hook. this is gonna run and run

5 Likes

It seems to me the media are making enormous effort to gloss over this.
It could lead to a lot of legal action - compo for incorrectly cancelled events possibly. Discrimination claims by religious people. Why are weddings treated differently than other events? Maybe we need a minister to get married. The general contempt towards the public also, that ordinary freedoms had been suspended and they didn’t even care to tell anyone what the rules were.
They’re the the most incompetent government of all time. If they’d been in power whenever the credit crunch happened we’d probably still have the Troika. There’s no point in Martin trying to blame it on FG either. They can’t make simple rules.

2 Likes

Look until they stop digging the hole for themselves and stop these meaningless restrictions they leave themselves at the mercy of the general public and/or the media depending on how Philip Ryan feels at a certain time.

Martin had ample chances to show leadership last 12 months but his doubling down on defending mistakes not of his making is the most depressing thing in all of this. He destroyed FF and the office of Taoiseach all so he could be Taoiseach.

2 Likes

Are Failte Ireland a government body ?

Danny’s daughter videod it and shared it

Yeah

We need a Sunday Indo headline

IT’S ALL A COD

the restrictions were always arbitrary nonsense. The masks may be last to go as they are an effective visual signal. If you engage your brain there is absolutely no benefit to wearing a mask walking to a table and then taking it off to eat and drink. People have parked any intellectually analysis of it as they are conditioned to do what they are told.

3 Likes

Am I right in thinking this isn’t the first time they’ve issued incorrect guidance around the rules? I seem to remember a similar issue last summer.

You may well be right. I would guess they are making it up as they go along

Another example I am aware of is that group training in gyms is banned or was but you can be in a group in a gym as small as you want once you are in an “individual pod” which means a bit of tape on floor

It’s nonsense

1 Like