Ireland politics (Part 2)

And apple tarts on the counter of the petrol station.

3 Likes

Didn’t they have the Blackrock College educated rugby player Eamon De Valera leading them for over 30 years?

Bruree and Charleville educated originally

He was an overseas project player.

1 Like

Ooooft. He’s made Sinn Fein look like mé feiners.

Leo. Leo. Leo.

I knew it was all Sinn Feins fault. Even when I knew it was FG’s fault

2 Likes
1 Like

Morning Ireland doing a big piece about how Labour are back this morning and they languishing on 5%.

1 Like

They’ve had a good pandemic and Kelly is able. They need a few good candidates for next election - their brand needs a reboot.

SFF government looks nailed on.

The same party sure. The SF lads will be seething at losing the FFG moniker.

2 Likes

The real take from Mary Lou’s interview is that SF dread leading a government without either FF or FG as a mudguard .

2 Likes

Government formations from here on in are going to be a clusterfuck.

7 Likes

SF know that the next election they will be “given a chance”. You’d wonder outside the top 4 or so of them what talent is really there.

They’ll also have to manage who gets the ministerial slots etc and that will be interesting.

Mary Lou as next Taoiseach looks a certainty

I thought she was weak enough on the details around pensions on occasion.

1 Like

Populists gotta do …

All parties are weak on this kicking the can down the road .

1 Like

She’s weak enough on most details. Even on kids not wearing masks in schools she likes to sit on the fence and defer to the data to make the decision but data doesn’t govern.

FG will go it to opposition next time and a spell of LOTO attacking SF would invigorate LV

FF will be reduced hugely and have a new leader. Might go in to govt as sell it as domesticating SF

SF and all the left wing partites would be some craic

1 Like

SFF would be a stable government. FF back to their left centre roots.

SF and the left wing parties is what we need though. Be fascinating to watch