Ireland politics (Part 2)

SF rightly used to get very upset by allegations made by Unionist MPs under PP at Westminster

Yeah ‘‘twas the bould Syl down our way but she played it well to get Horsey Sean off his perch.
The CC yesterday repeatedly told Paul Murphy to sit down and retract yesterday when he said Coveney lied to the committee- the evidence is clear he did lie at time. The dail is a joke

1 Like

Ah yeah but there’s a difference in being labelled minister for Tik Tok and getting a bullet in fairness

Of course but the point stands

Carthy mouthing off like a corner boy in a parliament that he and his associates only started to recognise a few years ago.

Simon is “considering” making a complaint.

Lolzers.

Did Leo ever take legal action against The Village that time?

The whole concept of PP should be debated . It is a relic from British rule and there are other channels for disclosure these days

Lads suddenly getting outraged about parliamentary privilege when it’s used by SF.

Lolzers

2 Likes

Are you not an Aontu supporter? They’re talking about Peter Tobin. You might need to put out a few fires out there.

I believe his name is Peadar Tóibín. He’s a cunt and abuses PP himself but he deserves to be called out by his real name.

Calm down, you’re extremely triggered.

3 Likes

It has been alleged that the junior minister - named as Patrick O’Donovan in the Independent today - went to the Tanaiste after undertaking the sting, and the Tanaiste in turn then confronted the leaker.

Varadkar and O’Donovan need to step forward and clarify events. Was there a sting operation - yes or no?

2 Likes

I wonder how much longer this will drag on? It’s great that they’ve nothing better to do.

1 Like

This is of the governments own making tbh

Yes, I fully agree. It’s just another stroke gone wrong.

Don’t think it was even a “stroke” per se

More of a fumble than a stroke.

Was it not a stroke to keep it quiet until the cabinet meeting?

Dàil currently discussing information bill for adopted people in Ireland. Kathleen Funchion (SF) has just praised the department of children’s handling of information requests from survivors of mother and baby/illegal adoptions. That’s very unusual. Fair play to her.

1 Like

I’d imagine this will get as much media coverage as it did when everyone was complaining about it a few months ago