Ireland politics (Part 2)

I imagine the connection back to the block providers is likely to be tangled.

Homeowner contracts with the builder. Or maybe even a project manager who contracts with the builder. Builder buys blocks from provider. Builder is a limited company which is now doesn’t exist maybe? Builder says blocks were approved how was I to know I’m not liable. Or engineer signed off that the building was up to scratch it was his job.

And as art says, the people affected can’t join together and claim, so it’s financially hard for them to go after the block provider.

Also, it turns out it was the local authority’s job to inspect blocks, but they never had resources or expertise to do it so it just wasn’t done, so really should it be the local authority people go after in the courts? In which case it’s the state’s fault again and it ultimately pays (plus legal fees, cc @tallback).

Have these defective blocks been supplied into the 6 counties?

supposedly

but thats been in the pipeline for ages and i cant see it moving with heather in situ

This article sets out the regulation system.

Mica debacle set to cost taxpayers dearly (via @IrishTimes) Mica debacle set to cost taxpayers dearly

You’re trying to deflect here. I doubt many have if any. Building supplies generally a good bit cheaper in the black 6 and there’s a lot of biggest industry around Fermanagh, Derry, Tyrone would be construction/engineering firms. Huge amount of paving/concrete/quarry businesses there like Quinn/Finlays/Tombermore etc.

Why is @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy being so defensive I wonder? :thinking:

If the engine in your car was fucked with you get it resprayed?

1 Like

My thoughts exactly

I’m not being defensive.

You asked how are they still trading? They are still trading due to the (lack of) regulations that allows cowboys like Cassidy Bros to run away from their mess.

You’re genuinely thick so naturally are trying to obfuscate.

You are blaming regulation for the actions of those cunts. You are defending them

Why so defensive? Have you skin in the game? Guilty conscience?

They’ll all have to knocked down surely?

Would the same material be used in the foundation’s?

Yes,but you’ll have the likes of @tallback saying they should just suck it up.

I am not.

I am saying that’s how they have got away with behaving like cunts.

You’re getting a little hot under the collar about being exposed as the forum’s most stupid poster again

You’re coming across as very defensive here

The contrary. Let’s recap.

Because of lack of regulation.

You’ve had your pea brain have a little meltdown since this has been explained to you by multiple posters. Your question was answered by more than one poster on here. You didn’t like the answer though.

Your point about the tangled responsibilities is true I’d say.

Perhaps a legal expert could provide more insight but I’d imagine that a civil case against the local authority/state would struggle to get traction. If there was a legal case to answer then these cases would already be turning up in the courts

Why are you defending the Cassidy’s because they conned people whilst adhering to shit regulation?

Have you skin in the game?

I haven’t said that anywhere. I think it’s a shit situation all round with massive implications for both the homeowners and the state.

I also think if the state is going to provide 100% uncapped redress (as demanded and which seems unprecedented) then the implications of that need to be spelt out and budgeted for accordingly. Perhaps a 1% solidarity tax for all?

1 Like

Perhaps you’re right, but against that you have people whose homes are crumbling around them, you think many have the capacity to be taking on a high court case against a local authority, or anyone?

I’ve never defended Cassidys.

I only responded to your question and you got haughty with a few of us when we informed why they were able to behave like cunts and get away with it.

You didn’t like that though that the parties you vote for enable crooks like Cassidys get away with.

Just like how the Butterlys never had to face any consequences for Stardust.

The same way bankers got away with it, the same with that solicitor in Roscommon

FFG have a way of rewarding white collar criminals.

1 Like