Ireland v France ☘

TOD and Kenny are a painful duo to listen to

Look who’s talking

1 Like

Someone tell Richie we lost

1 Like

Its all the wan pal. Limericks league of Ireland club is where he was noticed and he got a move over to the mainland from his glorious exploits in the Markets field.

Treaty didn’t exist then mate! I saw him play for Limerick a few times. Brilliant to see how far he’s gone!

Edit: apologies @The_Most_Infamous - I see others pointed that out!

Tony is a complete headcase.

Sounded like a great effort from Eire and a moral victory. Well done everyone.

3 Likes

Brilliant effort but lacking a really good midfield player. I’d bring Smallbone in for Knight v the Greeks. Win or bust basically.

Like Engerland in their defeat in the world cup.

It’s spelt England, mate.

We played as well as we could tonight.

Coleman rolled back the years and was my MOTM.

Still too much tippy tappy stuff around our own box which cost us the game.

Best I’ve seen of Molumby. Knight the weakest of the midfield 3. Thats what playing in League 1 does for you.

Ferguson wont be much use to us in games like that. He has no legs and cant get there down the channels. The French 2 centre halves are quick but Idah caused them way more bother.

Great atmosphere all night but not worth a fuck if we dont go to Greece and dig it out.

1 Like

I wonder if his aul fella was Garda vetted before he moved here?

Without trying to make excuses the fixtures schedule for this group is horrendous, away to the Greeks in mid June with temperatures pushing 40 id take a point there right now.

Possibly a little bit early to write off Ferguson given hes 18 years of age playing his first competitive game for the team against two world class centre halves.

4 Likes

He’s poor enough.

I’d be a fair judge and my companion would be serious shrewd and we both agreed he has no legs.

He’ll be fine in a team that dominates the ball but he cant get around the pitch chasing lost causes which is what he’ll be doing 90% of the time with Ireland.

1 Like

I don’t think he’s being written off but he’s probably not going to shine in games where we can’t get players around him. For comparison see how ineffective Lewandowski has been for Poland in Euros/World Cups at times. Not comparing his ability to Lewandowski of course

3 Likes

He should be able to ensure we see off the Gibraltars of this world 3-0 at home.

French commentary to the save

De Zerbi & I see Ferguson as a fusion of a #9 & #10. He’s not slow, but he’s not lightning quick either. When I watch him, I see elements of Dean Ashton & Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

3 Likes