Ireland v France ☘

Should Ryan Manning not be in the squad? Supposedly playing well with Swansea, and an actual left back

This is the who scored championship team of the season so far and he is left back. Now that is an absolute nonsense metric, but he must be playing half decent.

As for Doherty at left back, my fear wouldn’t be his lack of a left leg, it would be his lack of effort.

2 Likes

Darren Frehill had this game marked down as “one of the trickier ties you could possibly have” or something to that effect on the 8:35 morning sports bulletin. That’s one way of describing the plucky French minnows I suppose

He’s playing well this season, for sure.

Although I don’t know if I’d agree that Christie has been the best RB in the division.

More lies.

I said 1-3 to France, but that does not mean I don’t want Ireland to win, I do. But we have to be realistic here. We’re not as good as France, we’ll do our best but if we get out with a goal scored we’ll be doing well.

Coleman came up against Zaha recently and did very well on him. Was superb against Chelsea too. His career has got a 2nd wind. Mbappe will cause problems for anyone. All about damage limitation.

Theres serious optimism building on the ground.

I can feel it.

1 Like

It’s about his sixth wind at this stage.

It’s a fair point though. We can’t match Mbappe for pace but a guy who can defend intelligently is our best bet and that’s probably Coleman.

1 Like

Hes not even close to the top of our worries. He is best we have in terms of options and like you said hopefully he can defend intelligently and use all his experience. Im quitely confident he’ll hold his own.

Hopefully Mbappe doesn’t try a leg

Its a tough one

We want oireland hammered so spock is sacked but we dont want bazunu at fault for any goals

Dream scenario is kelleher starts and we lose by 6

8 Likes

Mollumby will clatter into him in the first few minutes and snarl “welcome to Dublin pal”

Mbappe will score from the resulting free kick

2 Likes

Molumby is from Waterford, isn’t he?

It’ll be more “D’ya want yer go, bai”

1 Like

I hope and expect France to hockey Ireland.

Lads, if anyone’s going to the game…the YBIG singing section chaps are meeting in Slattery’s after 6 & marching to the ground so they’re in situ to greet the team when they emerge for the warm up at 7. What I’m saying is, get to Slattery’s shortly after 6 if you want to glass some of these gimps.

15 Likes

^^^

Apologies, that post is thoroughly disgraceful. I withdraw it & apologise profusely.

Many a great day was had in the old stadium.

Hopefully the cunt who has the bell has it smashed off her head

I think the bell ringer is an elderly woman, or at least it used to be. I’d like dissociate myself from your sentiment.

1 Like

Vile post.