Ireland v Switzerland - Euro 2020 Qualifier

Hendrick was much improved after the first 15 minutes but he still did some absolutely daft things, like trying to chest the ball down from a height, with 5 minutes left and two Swiss players closing him down. He lost it and they countered, putting us under savage pressure.

What is the minimum requirement over last 3 games to see us through? We probably need to beat the Danes at home and Georgia away. Hope that the Danes drop some points in Tblisi on Sunday. Along with a draw in the Swiss Denmark game. How do we qualify for a play off through nations league if we finish 3rd?

Win in Georgia and two draws will get us second if there is a winner in the Denmark Switzerland match.

4 Likes

Yeah I went mad at that - but I think he was almost spent by then tho and shows the lack of depth really that he was left on–

I’m terrified that 3 teams will finish on 17 and we’ll be done on score difference.

I don’t know mate. If you’re spent the last thing you’d be looking to do is bring it down.

How terrified are you? - Poltergeist terrified or Friday the 13th terrified when you’re home alone and it’s 1 am and you already have the fear of god from 3 nights drinking ?

1 Like

We have gone from a left back in Ward who hoofed the ball mercilessly to Stevens who probably takes too much out of the ball. He was caught badly in possession around 60min mark and only for a superb piece of defending by Coleman Rodriguez would have had a relatively easy chance. Hopefully he will continue to improve.

Greg Cunningham must be fairly mediocre that he can’t even make the squad

1 Like

He had a bad run with injuries after much early promise.

It was a deflected cross lets not give him too much credit

He did great to win the ball in the first place .

1 Like

cc @Rocko

He also let Schar go for the goal… a fairly key contribution.

1 Like

What’s your fucking problem?

there was more than just Hendrick let him go… they were all watching him make the run. Whelan should have been the man to snuff that out

Easy mouse. I’ve no beef with you. It was a private joke about one of Rocko’s old bessers.

Hendrick was tracking Schar and let him go just outside the box. Tried to pass him off. Schar ran on and scored. No-one else could have done it. Not saying Hendrick is all shite but he’s below his best level and doesn’t look match fit. And he cost us a goal.

Ok pal… Did Rocko’s mate flatten to deceive?

Hopefully beating the living shit out of Gibraltar has tired out the Danes and they now are wrecked heading out to a fresh Georgia