Ireland v Switzerland - Euro 2020 Qualifier

Stephen Ireland gutless? 4 goals in 6 games for Ireland would say otherwise.

1 Like

Don’t make that mistake again … Mistakes are fine, we all make them … but repeatedly making them is a different story… he lacks backbone - so much so, he hadn’t the backbone to try get his sons play for Ireland — he’s still running from his own mistakes… he’s weak.

Ireland was the hero we needed, but the YBIG idiots couldn’t see it.

He killed his grand mother twice - instead of just picking up a phone.

:eek:

of course he’s weak.
weakness needs support, not ridicule.
He was that talented he should have received as much support as was necessary.
He didn’t deserve to be held down by senior internationals and have his hair extensions pulled at.

2 Likes

Bit of high jinx ffs.

His Cork ego couldnt handle a bit of piss taking

Some fellas are wired differently. A good manager, in sport or work, will spot this and handle each personality differently. Some fellas wont get this though, the sort of lads who will try to dominate a dressing room, with their fake bravado, Hunt is this sort of person. You need a strong personality to deal with these sort of bullies. Sadly for the true Irish football fans, we didn’t have such a person. It didn’t help that the idiotic YBIG fellas idolised the likes of Hunt and derided true talent like Irelands.

1 Like

I’d take 100 Hunts over talent that’s gutless

I know mate, and thats whats sad.

At some stage you have to stand on your own two feet and carry yourself like a man … Stephen is still blaming everyone else, like a child does.

Sure mate, sure. We all know where you’d have been in that dressing room.

it’s only high jinx if the person on the receiving end sees it like that mate.
we’ve all seen lads at school and on teams who are a bit different and are generally kept out of things like that.
I don’t think Ireland had the tools to deal with things like that.

He’s a tough enough bastard on the pitch, his father was a tough bastard as well ( a raging dipso by all accounts) and a fine soccer player in the day.

He was a fabulous footballer . Could see a pass in an instant . A real pity .

What we’ve got here is failure to communicate

Some men you just can’t reach

So you get what we had here in 2007

Which is the way he wants it

Well, he gets it

how would he learn that?

He’s at City since he was 14, away in digs, the father a raging alcho, the mother not talking to him. The club was a cluster fuck and never gave him the support he needed.

He’s basically tried to figure things out himself, without the tools to do so.

I’m not challenging what he could do on the field at all … it’s his actions off the field … all it would have taken was a chat, or a phone call … He decided to lie and to run and to blame others, fair enough, it’s his life … but he was in no wat mistreated by the fans as others have claimed here … if he didnt like what was going on in the dressing room, have a quite word with management or give someone a box in the head … … he has spent a life time lying and making excuses, it cant always be other people’s fault.

A wated talent and he realises his faults in that too. He admits it got out of hand with the granny thing. A shockingly mistreated issue entirely. You just hate to see bullying in any walk of life. Mob mentality ruled unfortunately.

and it isn’t always other people’s fault. He was flawed. No doubt.
there usually isn’t smoke without a fire either.

The Irish media could have dampened the story about the Grannies, it was embarrassing for everyone involved in Irish football. It became a massive source of ridicule, for Ireland and the FAI.

They ran with it, and exploded it, instead

I agree … initially it was a young lad making a big mistake and the press did what the press do — but Stephen didnt really learn from it and made the same mistakes again and again … it’s all the one now, he fucked away what could have been a decent career - tho injuries played there part … shocking that at 33 no club will touch him even for free … but I suppose the clubs are bullying him as well.