Ireland v Switzerland - Euro 2020 Qualifier

to be fair to Keane here.

He didn’t have a cut off him about anybody dying. He said instead of going on TV and crying about it, he’d have been better off laying low for a while and counting his medals :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah, Walters has signed up for some joe.ie weekly “tell us funny anecdotes about your career” show. It’s all over my twitter timeline. It’s absolutely GAS. One time someone put a fish in someone’s shoes in the dressing room. Ha ha ha. Etc etc.

1 Like

Footballers seem to have a very low bar for what constitutes as funny (sorry banter, sorry Bantz)

Keane again comes across poorly , from the bits I read.

@Big_Dan_Campbell what’s the expected team and formation for tonight?

Top bantz

I would expect it to be steady as she goes for this game.

4-5-1 come 4-3-3

Randolph

Coleman-Duffy-Keogh-Stevens

=======Whelan========

-----Hendrick------Hourihan

Robinson--------------McClean
=======McGoldrick======

3 Likes

There are loads of successful footballers, and sportsmen in general, who were able to achieve success without delving in Keane levels of cuntishness.

Keane was an awesome footballer but he’s been a complete prick since he retired

1 Like

Being from Cark I doubt the cuntishness suddenly enveloped him once he retired

He was a ferocious prick when he played too

1 Like

A lot of Carkies seem to style themselves on Keano. Worked down there for about 9 months when I was young and I can’t tell you how many of them seemed to take a Roy Keane “win at all costs/look how competitive I am” approach to our hungover 5-a-side games.

I couldn’t get over that at first down here. Lads in work 5 a sides who could hardly put one foot in front of the other playing like it was life or death.

My cultured, Pirlo-esque style of play never sat well with them

1 Like

Keane got the most out of himself so he’s a prick. Irish fans would rather a waster like Andy reid playing midfield for them.

I used to go in goal.

I’m glad you’ve said this and it has been backed up by @anon78624367 — I thought it was just me. I’ve snapped in recent times and i’m tearing into the cunts, but you’d have games where someone has pulled out last minute and left it 6 v 5 and the lads on the 6 team would be 7 goals up and roaring and shouting to show no mercy. It drives me nuts mostly because I hate fucking losing … I was playing 10 aside last week - most of the non Cork \ non Irish were on one team and the Cork cunts were over turning clear throw-ins and blatant frees etc… I snapped and went full berserker for 5 minutes kicking and tearing into anyone and everyone …

3 Likes

Find me one person who’d pick Andy Reid over Roy Keane there

2 Likes

it’s the moaning is the worst thing. moaning for fouls. moaning about passes and offsides. moaning about tackles.

it’s a fucking 5 a side

2 Likes

Yeah - and none of them would be my strengths - :grinning:

And the same cunts would be slide tackling on astro

Any reports from the captains run?
Midfield a concern as Hendrick and Hourihane haven’t played much this season.
I think Didsy can break his duck tonight.