Ireland v Switzerland - Euro 2020 Qualifier

I’m going for a comfortable 3-1 win for Ireland this evening. 1-0 at half time (Duffy) then Didsy and Robbo to score before an 84th min consolation goal for the Swiss.

A surprising number of Swiss fans came through the airport last night. Very sophisticated brand of football supporters they are. Not sure whether that’ll be a factor tonight

1 Like

Switzerland are no mugs, they were 3-0 up against the Danes and have been a very consistent team for close to a decade now. Shaqiri is a massive loss as he is their creative spark and Lichsteiner is still knocking about but no longer a regular. The likes of Rodriguez and Xhaka will cause us huge problems while Embolo is a handful too.

A point would be a solid result while a win would be massive for our qualification chances

Granit Xhaka is stone useless
Embolo isnt bad tho
we wont score a goal
are those bosnian croat lads still playing upfont for “switzerland”? seferovic from benfica and yer man at dinamo zagreb gavranovic?
if so - we’ll conceded a couple

I don’t think Xhaka is a all that good but he can pick a pass and the Swiss will look to get him on the ball and Rodriguez bombing on at every opportunity. If we are forced deep they will do damage

1 Like

Roy obviously has mental health issues. Not well coming out with some of the stuff he’s saying.

The Swiss lads are out for a walk just after passing down Sir John Rogersons Quay

Pity Walters was such a coward on the field. Easy upload a tweet.

are any of the TFK Serbian Nationalist delegation heading along later?

2 Likes

Walters lacked ability but he sure was no coward playing for Ireland.

2 Likes

Xhaka looks out of place at Arsenal but he’s excellent at the slower pace of international football

Walters was much braver than Keane on the pitch. Shearer mugged Keane off

Keane did his fair share of cowardly stuff on the pitch for a supposed hard man

2 Likes

They’ve been incredibly consistent over the past few campaigns. I’d certainly take a point

Does be gas to watch the united lads defend Keane to the death. Fascinating to watch.

2 Likes

Looking forward to heading to this later.

Defensively we should be solid. Clean sheet the most important thing.

I’ve no time for Walters these days.

He had 3 or 4 decent years with Ireland and then became distinctly average and was outmuslced and outfought by lots of opponents. A good player but he retained his cult hero status long after it was deserved.

He’s a big fan of his own opinions, most of which are recycled from Piers Morgan.

2 Likes

Walters and Arter are two bang average players who decided to play for Ireland to further their club careers. The fact they wouldn’t train and in Arters case refuse to play a lot of games testify to this.

It should be pointed it that’s it’s very hypocritical for Keane to be the one pointing this out, he never showed for friendlies after a certain point, refused to go to Iran and also walked out during a World cup

what sort of crowd are we looking at tonight?

35-40K?