Ireland Verus Italy - 10/11/09

They will probably wait and see how France get on first , the cunts

Has the squad been named yet? Any chance of Steve Finnan being included after he started for Portsmouth yesterday? Their first league win of the season as well. Would prefer to see him ahead of anyone else at right back.

I was wondering that myself. He’ll surely be called up if he’s fit and he played 90 mins, right? He wasn’t in the original squad. Steven Reid is in Blackburn’s matchday squad today, subs haven’t been named yet though.

No sign of Steven Reid again. :mad: Not even on the bench.

He’s in our squad though still, I presume. I wonder will Trap play him? Maybe he’ll leave him off against Italy and start him against Black Mountain.

He was excellent. Watched the second half

No hesitation bout starting. Andy Reids moment of magic yesterday hopefully didn’t go unnoticed either.

Trap has called up QPR midfielder Martin Rowlands to the squad. :eek:

He was sent off at the weekend. He’s captain of the team.

Leon Best was Championship player of the month for September I think.

If Steven Reid was a horse he`d have been put down years ago the bloody sicknote fook.

Mate of mine is a QPR season ticket holder and reckons this guy is their best player by miles and has been for year.

In saying that there is no fucking way he should be in ahead of Andy Reid or Keith Fahey. Why is it always the same with Irish football. Petty agendas ruling the roost again.

Its a a shame from an Irish point of view that Andy Reid shafted both himself and the country when he carried out his petulant little antics against Trap. Sums up the individual for me. Trap saw him for what he was right away, a m finer. He’s trying to row it back now, but it seems to be too late for this campaign.

Duff, Folan both out of the game on Saturday. Duff could be back for Montenegro match though. S Reid hasn’t joined up with the squad and must be unlikely to play against either team while Gibson too is a doubt. Meanwhile Montengro have announced their squad
MONTENEGRO SQUAD: Poleksic (Debrecen), Bozovic (Partizan Belgrade); Blazic (Levadiakos,. Greece), Pavicevic (Kavala, Greece), Zverotic (Lucerne), Basa (Lokomotiv Moscow), Batak (Antalijaspor), Dzudovic (Spartak Nalcik, Russia), Jovanovic (Rapid Vienna), Pejovic (Mogren), Bozovic (Rapid Bucharest); Drincic, Novakovic (Amkar, Russia), Kascelan (karpaty Lvov), Boskovic (Rapid Vienna), Vukcevic (Sporting Lisbon), Pekovic (Mainz), Delic (Buducnost); Jovetic (Fiorentina), Vucinic (Roma), Damjanovic (Seoul), Delibasic (Hercules, Spain)

What did he do?

He wouldn’t go to bed when he was told!

Utter bullshit. Trapp picked him for two squads after that incident. Reid has been very unfairly treated imo.

Lip service to the man, actually more likely it was just Trap giving him a chance to row back from the cliff endge he’d put himself on.

Reid brought this on himself, his actions now are, unfortunately, too little, too late.

I see Shay Given has come out with armalite blazing this morning at UEFA, attaboy Shay.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Lip service to the man, actually more likely it was just Trap giving him a chance to row back from the cliff endge he’d put himself on.

Reid brought this on himself, his actions now are, unfortunately, too little, too late.

I see Shay Given has come out with armalite blazing this morning at UEFA, attaboy Shay.[/quote]

Shay might have been better waiting until ROI were actually confirmed as group runners up, which is by no means a given*.

[SIZE=“1”]*Pun intended[/SIZE]

From rte.ie

Sunderland midfielder Andy Reid has not given up on his dream of playing for the Republic of Ireland once again.

The 27-year-old Dubliner has fallen out of favour with national boss Giovanni Trapattoni, much to the astonishment of many of his compatriots.

Trapattoni last night insisted once again he has not discarded Reid, with whom he had a difference of opinion in Germany in September last year, for good.

However, having called QPR’s Martin Rowlands into his squad for the World Cup qualifiers against Italy and Montenegro in the next week in the absence of the injured Steven Reid, Darron Gibson and Damien Duff, the message remains clear he continues to be surplus to requirements for now, at least.

Reid, who is in fine form for his club, is philosophical about his exile, but is determined to force his way back into the Italian’s plans.

He told the Journal: 'I have no control over being selected for Ireland - the only thing I can control is to perform for Sunderland.

'That is the only response open to me. I can’t sit in my house and worry about not getting into the Ireland squad. I don’t pick the Ireland squad.

'I’m just concentrating on giving everything for Sunderland and hopefully the Ireland manager will notice my performances. As far as I am concerned, my Ireland career isn’t over.

‘I love playing for Ireland and if the opportunity came to play, I would be delighted.’

Its just a pity he didnt think of all that before selling his country down the river for an aul singsong and a strop.

the problem for fat people is that losing the weight is the easy part.

come back to us in a year Andy.

Trap made some positive noises about Reid yesterday. Nothing too convincing, just that he’s a good player and he’s in consideration but he’s not in his top 26 at the moment because he’s behind Aiden, Keogh, Lawrence and others.

It is one position where we have plenty of cover anyway. If he was genuinely capable of playing in midfield it would be one thing but there’s no way you can afford to play him there in a 4-4-2 in international football.