Ireland Verus Italy - 10/11/09

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I don’t agree with any of this.

Well to be more precise I don’t agree with any of Rocko’s posts here.

Or MBBs - although unsurprisingly he hasn’t really said anything or answered by question.

I agree with KIB :eek:

I think Andy Reid has been massively hard done by and is a victim of Trapp wanting to lay down a marker to the Irish media. It is simply incredible to think he is not deemed good enough for the squad. Tactics has nothing to do with this and anyone who thinks differently is simply deluded.

Cast your mind back to the Georgia game. Reid was selected in the squad, but didn’t start. What that struck me was Trapp being unsure of his players and wanting to give Whelan a go in midfield and he wanted a more defensive midfielder. Fair enough.

Reid was picked in the next squad as well but again was picked on the bench. This is after the hotel incident. The Irish media were clamouring for his inclusion and lo and behold Reid is never in another squad. I feel it was an ultimate lay down a marker from Trapp to the Irish media that he wasn’t to be bullied and Reid got caught in the middle.Trapp has got us to a chance of the WC so we can’t be too critical of him but let’s be clear about this.

We have a non functioning midfield in all respects (on the ball and defensively) currently and Reid is a better option in there for me.

The distinction of international football is a red herring as well - Reid must be able to play in midfield in a 4-4-2 in club football then seeing as the distinction is made.

Also I would have Reid ahead of McGeady or Hunt as a winger.[/quote]

To be honest I take great joy in seeing a non-entity like yourself disagreeing with me.

The notion that Trap would deliberately “harm” his chances of qualifying for the World Cup just to lay down a marker to the Irish media is absurd. This is a man who has managed Bayern Munich, Italy, Juventus etc etc - he’s dealt with more than The Star and Emmet Malone before.

We’ve been over the timing, there were a number of factors in play. What’s been evident from the start with Trapattoni is that he places huge stock on performances in international games an in training for the Irish team. He’s said that, it’s reflected in his selections and it’s clear to anyone studying the team. Andy Reid has done nothing for Trap in a match and it’s probable he was a let down in training too. His attitude has always been questionable and a combination of these factors has caused his dropping. The form of the incumbents and the (relative) success of the team since his dropping has meant he hasn’t been able to force his way back in.

Reid is a luxury player in teams that are winning games. In the conservative world of international football (where one defeat can often end your chances of qualifying/progressing etc.) it’s too big a risk to play a guy with poor fitness and a questionable attitude in the middle of the park. If you can’t see that well then maybe you should take your head out of the clouds.

[quote=“scumpot”]2 minutes later…

WTF… :confused::confused::smiley:

a bit of Me,myself and Irene going on there fakecrake…[/quote]

yes- vucinic & Jovetic are hugely adaptable & intelligent players- their ability to fit into different systems or to understand their role in a system is the key to their brilliance

to be honest tosspot- you follow kick catch & drag- you shouldnt really be responding to threads on normal sports

Has this fixture sold out yet?

good question

any fans of the team confirm?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]good question

any fans of the team confirm?[/quote]

Tickets are still on sale but you have to buy the package to cover both games.

rip off

Im going to this montenegro game.

Never been to an international before and am not familar with the protocol.

I understand that I’m suppose to Drink cans of Dutch Gold and fight with opposing fans. What other pleasures should I take in on my excursion?

[quote=“north county corncrake”]
to be honest tosspot- you follow kick catch & drag- you shouldnt really be responding to threads on normal sports[/quote]

i was lucky that i was gifted at every sport I played…soccer was no exception…:cool:

If ever there was a sign of someone being rattled it is that line.

Andy Reid has done nothing for Trap in a match and it’s probable he was a let down in training too. His attitude has always been questionable and a combination of these factors has caused his dropping.

How could Reid have done anything for Trapp in a match? He never got a chance to. If he was a let down in training, we have no evidence that he was, then it is pretty harsh dropping him from the squad and never considering him again.

The form of the incumbents and the (relative) success of the team since his dropping has meant he hasn’t been able to force his way back in.

Reid is a luxury player in teams that are winning games. In the conservative world of international football (where one defeat can often end your chances of qualifying/progressing etc.) it’s too big a risk to play a guy with poor fitness and a questionable attitude in the middle of the park.

Are you actually serious? The form of Whelan, Andrews and Gibson? The form they displayed against Cyprus at home and away. The form against Bulgaria in Croker when a relatively ordinary player such as Petrov played the two of them off the park. They have been at best ordinary for Ireland.

Reid is not a luxury player. He is a good player, much better than what we have. He is an excellent passer of the ball, decent a dictating tempo and a proper player. The fact that he isn’t even in the squad is astounding and simply wrong.

I accept Trapp’s pedigree but that doesn’t mean that he can’t be questioned.

[quote=“Julio Geordio”]Im going to this montenegro game.

Never been to an international before and am not familar with the protocol.

I understand that I’m suppose to Drink cans of Dutch Gold and fight with opposing fans. What other pleasures should I take in on my excursion?[/quote]

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

considering only 600 adults dubliners playing stick hurling id guess a gifted player would have played for them for yearss- i have no recollection of an above average dublin stick hurler in the last 20 years

the Italy Ireland game has 1-1 written all over it

smash the piggy banks- raid the trocaire boxes - this is free money

1-1 max bet - CCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE

then how have they got all-star nominations the last two years??..in the nineties they got about 5 …even you would have enough brainpower to know that one would have to be ‘above average’ to get that?..:cool:

I was at a few international games in Landsdowne in my day and found them quite boring until the Wolfe Tones came on over the PA at the end. Not being able to drink throughout is a drag aswell. Identifying with this rag-tag rabble made up of the sons of ex-pats and assorted soft, nancy boy, townie sorts was difficult too.

[quote=“north county corncrake”]the Italy Ireland game has 0-0 written all over it

smash the piggy banks- raid the trocaire boxes - this is free money

0-0 max bet - CCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEE[/quote]

novice mistake fakecrake…never back a 0-0 you idiot…always do no goalscorer instead…just in case an O.G. is scored to make it a 1-0 result… because you’ll still get paid…:cool::rolleyes:

Could you tell me a few of their chants SS so i could attempt to fit in, or will i get by with Ole Ole

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]If ever there was a sign of someone being rattled it is that line.

Have you no gags of your own?

We have no evidence he was a let down in training other than the fact he didn’t get picked on the back of it. It’s more evidence than your Dublin media assertion you clown.

And he has been considered for selection, Trap made a point of saying it only yesterday.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Are you actually serious? The form of Whelan, Andrews and Gibson? The form they displayed against Cyprus at home and away. The form against Bulgaria in Croker when a relatively ordinary player such as Petrov played the two of them off the park. They have been at best ordinary for Ireland.

Reid is not a luxury player. He is a good player, much better than what we have. He is an excellent passer of the ball, decent a dictating tempo and a proper player. The fact that he isn’t even in the squad is astounding and simply wrong.[/quote]

Petrov is relatively ordinary but Reid is a good player, much better than what we have.

Idiot!

He’s awful at dictating the tempo of a game by the way. He likes his passing but he doesn’t touch the ball often enough or in enough important areas to control the pace of the game. I think you think he plays like Pirlo or something!

There’s a difference between questioning him and blindly suggesting that he’s afraid of the notorious Dublin media so he’s dropped Reid in case they get too much influence!

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]If ever there was a sign of someone being rattled it is that line.

How could Reid have done anything for Trapp in a match? He never got a chance to. If he was a let down in training, we have no evidence that he was, then it is pretty harsh dropping him from the squad and never considering him again.

Are you actually serious? The form of Whelan, Andrews and Gibson? The form they displayed against Cyprus at home and away. The form against Bulgaria in Croker when a relatively ordinary player such as Petrov played the two of them off the park. They have been at best ordinary for Ireland.

Reid is not a luxury player. He is a good player, much better than what we have. He is an excellent passer of the ball, decent a dictating tempo and a proper player. The fact that he isn’t even in the squad is astounding and simply wrong.

I accept Trapp’s pedigree but that doesn’t mean that he can’t be questioned.[/quote]

Have to admit that Farmer is winning this argument, however, the man is not capable of getting erections. So can his opinion on football be trusted?

Let it go Clarkey.

I am just not interested!

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]Let it go Clarkey.

I am just not interested![/quote]

You let it go. Playing with it obviously doesn’t help.