Ireland vs Armenia. Tuesday @ 7.45 i presume

We will rise again.

Big Jack moved any defender who could trap a ball into midfield. Lawro and McGrath lorded it in there

1.5 million.

You thought Bazunu had no chance for goals?

Pro Kenny Zealot @Breaking_my_balls all day every day. 'Bossman Steo is deadly… Shut up…sure we control the games…what more do you want?

I havent seen enough of Omobamedele in the last 12 months but maybe he could do it too and leave Collins at the back.

Either way we are as soft as butter in midfield at the minute.

Eamon Dunphy would have been spinning in his grave tonight, if he was dead

8 Likes

Second one was savable

Why have some christened him “Spock” ?
He does not act logically - Captain.

Sure we did control the game, up until the point where we lost all control of it in the space of 2 minutes out of the blue. Did you not watch it ffs?

You can’t account for the highly rated keeper throwing two in out of nowhere

Same old failings on show again this evening. Certainly a concern that we don’t seem to be learning from them.

2-0 up against a nothing team and we are way too open. We need to be far more practical in those situations. Nathan Collins is an excellent prospect but at times tonight at 2 nil he was tearing forward beyond Doherty and way too far up the pitch. We were wide open to counter attacks.

We lost all grip of the middle of the pitch when Molumby went off. Hourihane is a throwback to the bad old days, fucking miles off it and should no longer be in squads, at fault for both goals.

Hendrick was poor, slow and ponderous and trying passes that were never on.

I thought Knight and Molumby were good again, as was Obafemi. Parrot disappointed.

Brady decent enough on the left and may take that spot from McClean.

We leave ourselves far too open when we are in the driving seat and in charge of games. Needs to be sorted. Not to mention the continuous shooting ourselves in the foot with individual brainfarts

2 Likes

Thought he could have done better for the second alright

Hourihane was the issue. It was blatantly obvious. He’s nowhere near it.

Molumby had to go off before he was sent off. With Cullen out, the available midfielders on the bench were more attack-minded and had less energy

yeah but Hourihane has shown time and time agian he isn’t up to the standard required, this isn’t the first time he’s fucked away a game. surely Kenny knows at this stage.

Could he not have put Knight back for Molumby who had to go and brought on Browne? Or even bring on Duffy and push Collins on?

The biggest red flags for me are the things that keep happening, the spaces between the lines get bigger after half time, all the time and when Hendrick plays he goes and hides on the right taking up all our attacking space down that side, and he’s never fixed it.

2 Likes

Hendrick marks himself out of games. Always manages to stand where the passing lane is blocked

No chance Kelleher, a pure lazy look about him. No chance Duffy, a complete bomb scare at the back.

At 2-2 Matt Doherty went for a ball with the look of a lad who does not give a continental. You have no chance with a guy like him in the team, guaranteed to let you down.

5 Likes

@Bandage that’s a good post on the midfielders
look we’d have to leave Hourihane out of any discussion really he’s so bad- i had Tyler and Kai who are 8 screaming at him as he passed the ball accross his own line for their second… WTF

anyway - i think Molumpy is an atrocious player, my god, he’s like a lankly, very fit version of Shane Long…just charges about aimlessly , ive said this for a long time, i could never figure out why he was near an international squad or at least it is certainly a realisation of the dearth of resources… Browne is consistently ranging from meh to awful as well- good lord… Molumpy made a tackle v scotland in june which was grand and it resulted in a goal but like jesus.

Bazunu will be grand, his competition will come from Travers, i think Kelleher is comfortable where he is at the moment and that’s fine, maybe his mindset is that of a no.2… its a pity really for us- id worry kelleher could slip away and in a few years he’ll be on the bench for Osasuna or something

Molumby also tends to go flying into challenges without thinking. See tonight’s game for example. He was sent off twice last season for West Brom.