Ireland vs Armenia. Tuesday @ 7.45 i presume

Haaland will pick up a ‘very slight injury’ the weekend before

1 Like

I initiated a WhatsApp chat last midweek about going last night. It was the Guildford 4, we’re the Asador 6.

“Nah”.

“No”.

“I’ll be in Barcelona.”

“I’ll just be back from Portugal.”

“I’ll see how I’m fixed early next week.”

And me. I called it then at the weekend and said I wasn’t going. I needed to be fresh for today’s Wexford GAA #Gamechangers Lunch and it allowed to me have a 44-minute run at 7pm & be back in front of the telly in my gear having just missed the opening 9 seconds of the match.

Our season tickets were assigned to a very worthwhile charity for the evening instead*.

*the tickets may have been unused.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. They won’t have the players again until the end of March. International managers will be keen to have everyone available

A bit like the much overstated Aughrim!

Haaland could do wreck and Malta beat Isreal last night. We could be 0/2 from those November Test Matches. Media reaction would be interesting then. If he does lose them both, given the 2nd one would be a defeat to Malta, it would be very hard for the FAI not to do something about it

2 Likes

We’d struggle to beat San Marino based on the second half last night

1 Like

Lets go Malta.

1 Like

Twould be a grand auld trip. I was there in January a few years back for work and weather was 18c -20c . Lets do it. Flights are cheap seemingly. We can tell the wives the night before

Rookie stuff. You tell them from the airport

A critical Go-Live. We actually do have a big client in Malta

Barca bound lad is management level now is he? If the charity was out of his allocation i can confirm they were used and thoroughly enjoyed.
Asador 4 has a much better ring to it…

It even rhymes if you say it out loud.

Your insights from being in the ground while that second half shambles unfolded were interesting. I assumed (dangerous, I know) the ole ole ole chant after the penalty was done in a pisstaking kind of way but you genuinely couldn’t be sure.

I was giving Kenny a chance up to yesterday, despite poor results overall. I thought there were tentative signs things were starting to come together, but that was really DEPLORABLE last night. My sense is Anthony “Adrian” Barry was largely responsible for the upturn in results/performances from September 2021 to his departure early in 2022. He put a bit of structure on the team with the 3-4-3/3-4-2-1 that Chelsea used and we evolved into 3-5-2 too. Things have been very mixed, bordering on the bad side rather than the good one, since he went. If Kenny can’t retain/acquire a coach to implement his footballing ideas and we’re lacking in things that lie in the manager’s remit like resilience, togetherness etc that you build through man management and how you organise yourself and present yourself to the squad…this sentence is way too long…then he has no business being in charge.

1 Like

how have Belgiums results been since he’s gone there? Martinez is another spoofer

Haven’t really paid them much attention, although I noticed they beat the Welsh last week.

Widespread resigned disbelief and mirth was the feeling in our section, populated exclusively by ver knowledgeable fans, pissheads enjoying a lovely evening on the sauce and under 8s fired up on fanta, crisps, maltesers, pizza and jellies. The 3 mins leading up to the penalty were absolutely classic. People pissing themselves laughing that we might get away with a result.

1 Like

It’s like there’s a bot linked to your account that you say that every month.

When did this happen?

I know Evens but who’s McAuley? Genuine question.

Gareth McAuley, played for West Brom for a decade. Solid if unspectacular centre back, similar kind of defender to Duffy

1 Like

Gotcha now. He wasn’t bad tbf.