Ireland vs Armenia. Tuesday @ 7.45 i presume

Bradliola?

We have to be realistic too lads, we’re a middling to lower Group B team and a good Group C team (without ever being down there). We’re not Group A right now, we do not have the players. I’m delighted that we have changed our style of football and I’m excited that the last two years were used bringing young players through. But when Hourahan comes on and does what he does, well if he is ever included in a squad again then that comes down to the manager.
I want Kenny to succeed. I believe his heart is absolutely in the right place for the good of Irish football, but has Damien Delaney put it, Kenny doesn’t have a patent on the playing of good football for Ireland.

2 Likes

That lass on Sky Sports, Alex Scott, was the first person I heard using that term.

I am away at the minute and didn’t see the game but the haters would do well to remember that this is a very good Armenia team. Ukraine’s B team only beat them 5-0 away

2 Likes

You’d think with Jim McGuinness’s experience with Charlotte Independence he could do a job there.

1 Like

Last few minutes was some craic. First half was a tough watch, I’ll be back to get a look off Erling in November

2 Likes

I always find there can be a huge difference in opinion between those who are at the games compared to those watching at home.

No matter how bad it is, its still a lot better to be there than to be sitting at home I find.

The 5,000,000 at home can’t all be wrong surely

No I disagree.

Like I remember being at the Georgia 1-0 win under Mick and bouncing out of the ground but yet when speaking to a few friends who watched on TV, they thought it was horrendous.

And its the same for all sports. Anyone who watched the Ulster Football final on TV this year thought it was shit, while anyone who was at it, thought it was epic. The tension could be cut with a knife.

The match going fans here said last night was putrid.

1 Like

Ireland are almost guaranteed a play off spot at Euro2024 already.

That’s mad Ted

@mickee321 said it was a great night.

I’d respect his opinion on it.

That’s because half of Europe will qualify and they other half are tiny counties you’d drive through without noticing

1 Like

Could Coleman be developed into a sitting central midfield option? A lá Philip Lahm in his twilight years? I think Seamie has the skillset and the experience.

He’d be fuckin better option than Hourihane anyway

Don’t think so. He’s spent his entire career with a touchline for comfort. Moving into midfield at this stage could be catastrophic. Head needs to be on a swivel and he’ll turn the same way 99% of the time. It’d be cruel.

Stephen Kenny is on 550k a year too. It’s not like he’s doing it for a pittance either. We have just about enough young talent for it to be a somewhat interesting project for Bielsa.

Guardiola coached lahm to go into midfield at club level. He had him every day.

Kenny wouldn’t do it in the couple of days he has him a year

@Juhniallio nailed it there with the technical reasons

You’re selling the project. Marco, we have young lads there bursting with potential we need you to unlock it.

It would be box office

1 Like

We need Dela back to clean up this mess

2 Likes

I’m terrified of what sort of a draw we’ll get for the Euro’s now.

You don’t keep pulling Estonia/Bosnia/Wales/Georgia/Gibralter out of the hat without picking up the tab a few times over in Geneva or Zurich.

4 Likes