Irelands call

Has anyone ever answered Irelands call? I did once and it was a wrong number.

:eek: Jesus Flano.

i do my own thing.
the talent in the queue on a fine june saturday on wimbledon common in SW19 is a sight to behold.
Once the pimms takes effect on these posh bitches the fun really startsā€¦

of course if your into riding fat, cider bellied munters that u meet at agrarian irish gatherings thats fine, but personally its not really my thing

SW19 :popcorn::pint:

:clap::smiley:

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]i do my own thing.
the talent in the queue on a fine june saturday on wimbledon common in SW19 is a sight to behold.
Once the pimms takes effect on these posh bitches the fun really startsā€¦

of course if your into riding fat, cider bellied munters that u meet at agrarian irish gatherings thats fine, but personally its not really my thing[/quote]

arent you a bogger?

Heā€™s a bluffer anyway.

Another ā€œexcellentā€ contribution by a washed up mong.
Let it go fuck sake
You are one of the must boring, pathetic posters currently in existence*.

*this is the opinion of the majority on here

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]Another ā€œexcellentā€ contribution by a washed up mong.
Let it go fuck sake

*this is the opinion of the majority on here[/quote]

you speak for the majority of people on here all of a sudden?

Yes.

Do you have a problem with that?

Thereā€™s a new code of conduct on here now, the old order are no more .

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]Yes.

Do you have a problem with that?

Thereā€™s a new code of conduct on here now, the old order are no more .[/quote]

a new code of conduct? what

:clap::clap:

been saying for years Iā€™d make it over, definitely next year. Whatā€™s the Stella like, Iā€™d say thatā€™s a bit more relaxed although I suppose not as intensive on the court obviously.

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]Another ā€œexcellentā€ contribution by a washed up mong.
Let it go fuck sake

*this is the opinion of the majority on here[/quote]

Your currency is no good here you illiterate mong.

been saying for years Iā€™d make it over, definitely next year. Whatā€™s the Stella like, Iā€™d say thatā€™s a bit more relaxed although I suppose not as intensive on the court obviously.[/quote]

deffo try it sledge.
we started queuing at 1100 am on the saturday morning and didnt get in to see play until around 4pm that day.
the queue was savage craic altogether, you are given a number so u can come and go as you want, we were backwards and fowards to the offy / chipper / chatting up birds agus araile
the crowd in the queue was a mixed bag but a good laugh none the less.
we paid in on a grounds pass, its a fiver at the gate that allows you to go to all courts except center, 1 and 2.
however at ~4pm many people are going home who have had show court tickets all day, they hand back in their stub and you can queue up and buy it back for something like 3 quid that goes to charity.
we got into court #1 at ~5pm for the start of a five setter between juan carlos ferrero and fernando gonalesā€¦
i was well boozed up by then at this stage.
the athmosphere is superb,but if u fuck around ( make noise during play, stand up during playā€¦) you will be fucked out.
One can bring in a ā€œreasonable quantityā€ of alchohol, the 3 of us were allowed take in about 10 canns of stella and various concoctions in squeeze orange cartonsā€¦

A fucking savage weekend, i was staying out in clapham which was a tube or two awayā€¦

at the tennis itself you can see the pomp (i hate that word) and the arrogance that is associated woith the all England club but to honest most people ( those who queue outside) are there for the beer from what i could see.

we got some awful looks tho from a few conservative types cracking open cans of stella during a break in play.
the old cork city looked a bit out of place as well on court number 1:D

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]deffo try it sledge.
we started queuing at 1100 am on the saturday morning and didnt get in to see play until around 4pm that day.
the queue was savage craic altogether, you are given a number so u can come and go as you want, we were backwards and fowards to the offy / chipper / chatting up birds agus araile
the crowd in the queue was a mixed bag but a good laugh none the less.
we paid in on a grounds pass, its a fiver at the gate that allows you to go to all courts except center, 1 and 2.
however at ~4pm many people are going home who have had show court tickets all day, they hand back in their stub and you can queue up and buy it back for something like 3 quid that goes to charity.
we got into court #1 at ~5pm for the start of a five setter between juan carlos ferrero and fernando gonalesā€¦
i was well boozed up by then at this stage.
the athmosphere is superb,but if u fuck around ( make noise during play, stand up during playā€¦) you will be fucked out.
One can bring in a ā€œreasonable quantityā€ of alchohol, the 3 of us were allowed take in about 10 canns of stella and various concoctions in squeeze orange cartonsā€¦

A fucking savage weekend, i was staying out in clapham which was a tube or two awayā€¦

at the tennis itself you can see the pomp (i hate that word) and the arrogance that is associated woith the all England club but to honest most people ( those who queue outside) are there for the beer from what i could see.

we got some awful looks tho from a few conservative types cracking open cans of stella during a break in play.
the old cork city looked a bit out of place as well on court number 1:D[/quote]

The perfect day out :clap::clap::clap::pint::pint:

in the spirit of good, honest to god banter there are some truly superb tags on this thread:clap::smiley:

been saying for years Iā€™d make it over, definitely next year. Whatā€™s the Stella like, Iā€™d say thatā€™s a bit more relaxed although I suppose not as intensive on the court obviously.[/quote]

An awful lot of cunts there. Not sure how a Bohs fan would fit in but a lot of hot totty around to keep ya occupied. Stella is vile.

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]
what the fuck is the concept of ireland?
you have 2 nations, republic of ireland and northern ireland, the latter is under the rule of her majesty the Queen, there is no link whatsoever between the 2 nations other than they exist on the same landmass.[/quote]

Interesting presentation of the facts. The Shinners have always trotted the notion that the Irish nation is defined by a geographical entity (the Island of Ireland) but this has no real foundation and is certainly contradicted by examples from all over the world.

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]in rugby terms i see no reason as to why we (republic of ireland) should feel the need to amalgamate with Northern Ireland on the pitch.
its a bit like England and scotland amalgamating.[/quote]

Your problem here is that you have it arse-about-face. The IRFU predates the foundation of this State. The Southern and Northern rugby fraternaties did not amalgamate as you have suggested, rather they have never divided. Scotland and England on the otherhand, while being part of the same political entity, have never shared a Football Union, so the analogy is not valid.

Personally I think our national anthem is one of the worst sounding ones out there. It pales alongside La Marseillaise, Il Canto degli Italiani, Das Deutschlandlied or the Brazilian National Anthem. Itā€™s not a great marching Song. Irelandā€™s call is a pretty crap marching song also, but itā€™s a much catchier tune and it has a chorus.

[quote=ā€œmickee321ā€]another interesting twist in this debate would be in pubs all over ireland today you would have the knuckle dragging, kiddiefiddler denying, bar stool republican celtic fans cursing the ā€œrogbeeā€ and the fact that proddys are running riot in croke park. Most of these celtic dopes claim to be republican / nationalist and want a ā€œunited irelandā€, however what they fail to see is that the IRFU are doing more to promote a ā€œunited irelandā€ by allowing the proddies play and removing the belief from ulster that the six counties are british and are in fact a part of irelandā€¦

all bar stool republicanism does is enhance the divideā€¦[/quote]

:clap: This is part of a contradiction I have long been frustrated with. Glad to see someone else has noticed it. When younger I worked in a pub and it never ceased to amaze me how the lads who bought An Phoblacht (only allowed because the publican was fearful of turning them away) when it came through were the same ones who bought the Sun/Star/etc and raved about Manchester United, Liverpool etc.

Shadow taking out the trash here in his own inimitable style :clap:

Shadow knows the score.