Irish People Poppy Watch

Ironic that Jeff is a cheerleader for them when he comes from a family of draft dodgers and the only people he has ever used arms against have been women.

2 Likes

@GeoffreyBoycott has utterly destroyed this sunday morning for a few of the usual suspects

Well done Geoff.

2 Likes

ok guys, could the pretend loyalists please refrain from posting for the next hour

it belittles their sacrifice

The back slappers are out in force this morning. Back slapping each other about their imperial overlords sending their subjects to death for nothing

please mate, dont get into a spat when you should be sombre

Take the dog for a walk kid.

im about to

good shout

1 Like

Are you not commemorating the Italian dead from the First World War? Italy sort of picked the right side in that World War. Didn’t do any fighting with your Kaiser buddy in 1914 but switched sides and threw in your lot with the British and our allies when you saw what way the wind was blowing in 1915.

Trust me, get some air for an hour and come back to it.

Nope.

I think World War I was a futile waste of life.

1 Like

i just said i was mate

did you miss that

A moving rendition of the National Anthem.

1 Like

Where were all the Irish during the world wars? At the curragh drunk, playing cards and shooting crows.

2 Likes

30 or 40 thousand Irish men were sent to their deaths in WW1

You are raging. You should go now, come back to it after lunch.

4 Likes

that was world war 2, when the real fighting was going on, the Irish army was hiding above in the curragh, Dev sending telegrams to Hitler’s funeral, after it had be revealed what was going on in the concentration camps, a dark period of oirish history

2 Likes

they died so people like you have the freedom to post shite about them on the INTERNET, you useless bastard, you are a terrible person

2 Likes

They died because your imperial overlords were losing control of their empire and were looking for any reason to join the conflict. Wipe out the main fighting forces of their subject nations.

I’d imagine we’d have better internet if things turned out different

And they died because families like the Boycotts were draft dodgers.

One of the local papers had a list of the 1500 or so (I think) Limerickmen that lost their lives, any of your ancestors?