Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

Thatā€™s it our two best players are right backs and can only play there. Doherty is better going forward but we arenā€™t exactly set up for an attacking wing back either

This campaign wasnt the time to be bringing young lads in. Mick had a job to do and went with seasoned pros who he could trust.

Kenny has the job now of rebuilding it.

Mick did a really good job for a short term

McGoldrick is a far more intelligent footballer and much more suited to international football than Shane Long

1 Like

I hope lads arenā€™t expecting swashbuckling football from Kennyā€™s team. The ball will be kept on the deck but hes very pragmatic.

He seems to have been hyped up into some sort of Kevin Keegan style weā€™ll score more manager

1 Like

I always felt that the best scenario was for Kenny to get two campaigns with the 21 and then get the senior gig. The majority of the better 21s currently are all still only 19/20 and will take time to establish themselves at club level as well as internationally.

Either that or the current campaign ended in disaster and we finished 4th it out of the play offs which would have allowed Kenny to completely rebuild and have his first campaign with zero expectations.

I think lads forget just how ineffective Long has been when heā€™s started games for Ireland. Has no touch to hold it up and games at international level arenā€™t as open for him to use his pace in behind

Would have had to be some disaster to finish below Georgia!

Absolutely but would have been ideal for Kenny coming in

Be interesting to see how Kenny accommodates both Coleman and Doherty. 5-3-2 with Coleman part of the 3 in the centre of defence is the only obvious option to fit both in for the play-offs.

I think a lot of the sunshine supporters are expecting Kenny to play a team of 20 year olds (who they couldnā€™t name ) straight away

Iā€™d say Jason Molumby could get into first team fairly quickly, and Aaron Connolly will become more important. Obefami could be next in line to feature mire regularly.

I think Kenny has said before he plans on a 4-3-3.

Cullen looks class in midfield too any time Iā€™ve seen him

1 Like

Molumby to take Whelanā€™s spot.

1 Like

Seamus hasnā€™t looked right since the injury, unfortunately

Daryl Murphy is after building a swanky new house in Waterford city and has the Range Rover to go with it.

1 Like

We didnā€™t really have that single great moment in his second spell which doesnā€™t paint it in great light.

Oā€™Neill was pilloried by the end but had his moments against Italy and Germany that were spectacular nights. But we had great late equalisers instead of great late winners.

2 Likes

Coleman is done

Why accommodate him?

yes as i have posted multiples times the only way to carry coleman will be play him in a x3 combo witth egan and duffy in a 352 or 532 with dockerty and stevens out wide - ive only seen coleman in that position once BTW for everton v liverpool in a cup match- he was so bad ancelloti never tried it again
but no - colemanā€™s ship has sailed i believe and his form supports that - weā€™ll stay 442 at the beginning at least and heā€™ll play that old pro role in the dressing room - he wont start
i do think we will go 352 tho - kenny will try to play lads in their best positions - so playing doherty as a left midfiedler in a 442 or something daft like mick did in gibralter wont happen -or designing a team around accomodaitng james maclean
coleman and james are done id imagine

hopefully keith andrews comes on board

Do you think Sinclair Armstrong will get into the team in the next 2 years

100%
but as an off the bench option like against denmark heā€™s a better option than scott bloody hogan

1 Like