Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

Browne and Cullen need to be in the midfield.

1 Like

yeah, he wont be too radical tho for slovakia and hinted that ( and we rely on center halfs and the RB for goals anayway) - ,he has made strong statements on egan and dockerty tho

in the nations league heā€™ll really switch it
if we dont qualify- itā€™ll be a totally new team

alan browne isnt good enough i think
cullen wlll be but he wont play v slovakia - maybe against bulgaria tho

sorry - i forgot maccarthy - jesus
heā€™ll be defensive mid instead of whelan id say

Slovakia are no great shakes. Weā€™ve a great chance youā€™d have to think

oh we do - i just dont think heā€™ll be too radical yet in his selection policy
the gloves will come off post playoffs tho

It was a sensational move out of him. 33 years of age, from Boro to West Ham. Arm and all.

Browne has been very impressive in his games for Ireland. Whereas the like of Hendrick hasnā€™t played well since Euro 2016 really.

Keep it tight and hope for a set piece I guess

god i dunno - agreed on hendrick playing below his
i know brown got fired in right full in Switzerland when coleman made a show of himself as a captain but even in the games time ive seen him i dont knowā€¦ i couldnt start him in the middle

its more or less worked so farā€¦

Kind of, we need to chase a game we are fuckered

Browne has legs at least and gets about the place. He looks like a lad that could make the step up. Makes very strong runs into the box from midfield. I think the midfield you listed lacks that energy. Even with McCarthy, Hendrick and Hourihane. Theres no real legs there.

When is the last time mccarthy played for Ireland?

Get the point about being conservative vs slovakia. Itā€™s a really shitty situation for Kenny to be coming in to. If he sticks with the tried and trusted and we lose, heā€™ll get absolutely fucking hammered

McCarthy surely will start. Need someone to keep Hamsik quiet in the middle. Iā€™d like to see Obafeimi or Connolly start up front with Long or Didsy for a bit more mobility too.

Its a free shot.

If he sticks to the tried and trusted and loses, he can just say ā€œwell what else could I do, it was a tough time to come inā€.

If he changes it up, he can just say ā€œwell I had to pick my team my way and I went with my instinctsā€.

Youā€™re overthinking it. Lets hope he doesnā€™t.

Youā€™re underestimating the vultures in the Irish press.

Name and shame these vultures.

Iā€™d look on this as a free shot. I hope he picks the best team he thinks he has, and not the safest.

I hope he goes with the courage of his convictions, rather than worrying about what some pathetic helpless souls in the media think.

1 Like

Pretty much all the managers weā€™ve had have been turned on by the press/pundits to some extent in ireland.

Kenny is on a hiding to nothing the way the circumstances have fallen, if he loses the first game.

The FAI are under huge pressure to qualify for this tournament, financially. You also have that backdrop to consider.

I can guarantee you the knives are being sharpened