Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

Who are sharpening these knives for Kenny?

Be interesting to see what Kenny decides on right side of team
I think he might try and play both Coleman and Docherty

Midfield 3 (assuming 433 or 451)

McCarthy, Hendrick, who will be ripping it up in seire a at time of next game and Hourihane for free kicks/corner kicks

Have to agree here - we’re not blessed with creativity so a back three with wing backs bombing on should negate some of our problems

Members of the Irish media in preparation for Kenny’s first game

+1.

As has been said, a midfield three of Whelan, Hourihane and Hendrick would be uninspiring. Whelan did a good, solid job under McCarthy but there’s further passage of time now and he was already a veteran. I’d like to see Kenny have the courage to do something different in midfield - there’s not much up for debate at the back and keeper is settled. A few options out wide and upfront depending on the formation he goes with.

Kenny will get a free ride from the footix press.

Is Whelan even playing these days since Hearts released him?

He was with Fleetwood in League One.

He was doing well at Fleetwood until the season got cancelled apparently. Couldn’t see him playing for Ireland again mind you

Where would you fit in Coleman and Doherty in a back 4? Stevens is a certainty barring injury on the left

Whether it is a back four or back five i think Kenny should just bite the bullet and pick one rather than trying to shoe horn both into the side.

In a straight battle between the two for one spot I’d have Doherty every time but I wouldn’t see the harm in trying Coleman in a back 3 at some stage

Hourihane won’t start in my opinion. McCarthy, Molumby and Hendrick in midfield.

Molumby is currently a sub at Milwall . Needs times

For play off reckon we will see a pragmatic selection and the nations league will see starts for Molumby etc

451 of sorts
Randolph

Coleman Duffy Egan Stevens

Doherty Hourihane. McCarthy Hendrick Connolly

Didsy

1 Like

Have we anyone as good as Hourihane over a dead ball . Maybe Brady ??

1 Like

You cant carry a lad at international level for that reason … fuck that. International is 110% intensity for the likes of us - Hourihane doesnt have it. He’s harmless.

2 Likes

100% not maybe on your formation but on the approach
lads dont have perspective here at all
of course he is going to change the set up - but the euro qualifier is not for that
he’ll go with more or less the same team as his predecessor for the first two games with some minor experimentation and then will go to slovakia
you will see a lot of changes then for the remaining x4 NL games but he’s not going to start the likes of josh cullen in slovakia

he’s far from thick kenny even tho lads who havent a clue may classify him as such
he is very well in with the journos now and that is very important here even tho ppl dismiss it, he;ll tweak a little and their will be articles about him putting his mark on proceedings- if he wins in slovakia he’ll take the credit for being astute, loose and well thats the flushing of the old gaurd ,

yeah whelan probablly wont start but it wooldnt overly suprise me if he did - but he’ll bring in someone like Macarthy- not fucking Molumopy or cullen in bratislava- that’s for the 433 in Helsinki

1 Like

Is your man Parrot ready to start for the seniors yet? How is young Connolly doing at Brighton nowadays?

When is this match?