Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) šŸ

November I think. Could be playing the Nordies in the Play-Off final.

Itā€™s 8 October. Thereā€™s a long time between now and then

Parrott, no. Connolly seems to alternate between starting and coming on as a sub every second game. Hasnā€™t scored in ages but has won a few penalties, had a few assists

byrne

Its remarkable how many professional footballers cant take a set piece

Byrne delivers a lovely ball

2 Likes

I always found that baffling, itā€™s not a difficult skill at the end of the day.

The standard of corner kicks in the premier league is woeful

A bit of practice and surely any pro could deliver a good ball from a set piece.

The standard is shocking at the best of times.

Anyone can float an aul ball up or drill a ball in with the laces but I think ye are underestimating the skill in getting the curve on it while still kicking it really hard and getting it over the first man

Well youre talking about players who are in the top fraction of a percent of all the hundreds of millions of soccer players in the world so maybe itā€™s just not as easy as it looks.

The regularity with which they donā€™t get it over the front man is shocking.

Itā€™s a medium length pass with a stationary ball and noone closing you down. It isnā€™t difficult

All you have to do is beat the first man.

Added to that, crossing has gone to fuck as well. The amount of times a fella will take a touch rather than whipping it first time is scary

1 Like

A lot of times the first defender isnā€™t beat

I was blessed with a gifted right foot so maybe Iā€™m being harsh, for lads playing the game all week, I would expect them to be able to though.

*Gifted maybe lies.

As Ray Wilkins used to say itā€™s about putting bit of ā€œswazzā€ on the ball

Exactly. There are very few football players who can take set pieces consistently well and thereā€™s a reason for that and thatā€™s because itā€™s quite difficult to do it. Why canā€™t footballers just step up to every free kick and put it top corner if itā€™s so easy?

1 Like

The standard has dropped massively. 15 years ago youd be taken off corners if you hit the first man.

Ian Harte.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::popcorn::popcorn:

Sheffield United duo David McGoldrick and Enda Stevens, and Fleetwood Town midfielder Glenn Whelan, are in the running for the FAI Senior Menā€™s International Player of the Year award.

Take that @poisonousmisanthrope

ā€œWallace, a council member himselfā€

And there we have it.
He really is a hypocrite, and cunt of a man, but paddy laps it up cos he wears a t shirt.

1 Like