Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

I dont see how you could draw a conclusion that he couldn’t motivate a team from how he speaks in a presser. Kerr got the same shit at the start of his tenure

He obviously can. He’s had quite a bit of success.

Plenty managers arent comfortable behind a mike but their teams are motivated AND know dam well what their job is and what’s expected of them when they take the field.

Personally I’m hoping Kenny encourages a little bit more creativity, and a little more responsibility from the midfield to actually use the ball.

He failed when it mattered

Dunfermline ??

1 Like

Passive aggressive much?

Never

you’re correct but when mick said he couldnt be arsed continuing there wasnt really an option for an interim manager for 1 year maybe? - a noel king and keith andrews double act? Rhys Grego Cox would be playing upfront and Harry Charsley or some other cunt in the middle with King on about plans for the future and a team of 11 lads with cockney accents

Parrot has done fuck all to merit inclusion in these squads. An awful start for Kenny.

1 Like

I think Mick would have stayed on but I think realistically the best way to have done it was at the outset a year ago was to tell Kenny the job was his once our interest in the 2022 world cup ended at the latest - be that at the WC or eliminated from qualifying and possibly sooner rather than the one and done. Realistically we are going to be up against it to qualify for the next World Cup regardless who is manager and as I said a lot of lads are likely to be done by then - Coleman, McCarthy, Artur, Long, Mcgoldrick, McClean, Randolph, Stevens etc.

For Kenny’s best chance to succeed in the job imho is to come in with expectations low - either Big Mick losing away to Slovakia or after a disappointing WC 2022 qualifying campaign and a decent under 21 campaign by him which would allow him to blood a lot of the lads he would have seen over a three year term with the 21s and would have a Euro nations league and a qualifying group where third would get him a play off rather than the WC qualifying which will be a blood bath with only 13 spots available from 10 groups where if we manage to get second there would be two rounds of play offs to qualify.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope Kenny and the relative quality we have coming through are a success and that we are a solid outfit who take plenty of scalps for the rest of the decade but I have been fairly underwhelmed by Kenny from the interviews I have read and listened to and I feel that the current crop of players are not a group he will get a lot out of and if he was willing to play a longer game he could have put himself in a far better position to be a qualified success in the role.

I appreciate that he felt his time is now and probably didn’t want to sit in the 21s gig for three years as a lot can change in that time and was dead right to make sure that he was getting the gig when promised from his own perspective.

1 Like

Delighted Mick is gone, a dinosaur.

What’s the story with WC 2022 Qualification?

It’ll start in March I presume and break then for the Euros before recommencing in Autumn 2021?

Going to be a super busy calender for Kenny kicking off next week.

very decent piece there by a local dundalk journo- i dont mind linking it because it puts that cabal of eejits like cowzer and neil o’ riordan to shame - they wouldnt have the ability to put that together,
Dan Macdonnell touches on a lot of this but the indo wouldnt publish this type of stuff - Dan’s podcast is superb tho and his latest one about Dundalk is well worth a listen
lads this us Arkaga rev.2 - these Peak 6 boys id say no now that Perth was the wrong man and to progress in europe they needed to pay for a real manager - i think now they wont take much more risk and are done
2016 seems a long time ago now - this article i think puts perth in a bad light and the departures of jamie macgrath and Benson dont reflect well on him- it does on kenny however and maybe his approach does work…
Peak 6’s idea here was to get this club to the CL groups - now the extra round introduced by UEFA in 2018 put the kybosh on that really,
money has been lost - appointing a fella from a summer camp is a sign this thing will be wound up- look at the ground FFS- not a cent spent

The mark burton situiation was odd- a former man city coach - but involvment curtailed by perth?
now gone

3 Likes

connolly gone to the buddies

give it another 12 months & @TheUlteriorMotive & @tazdedub will start mentioning him :grinning:

2 Likes

Footix alert.

1 Like

You are fastening that bicycle helmet too tightly.

Derry city drawing atm 1-1

1 Like

can you explain to @Thomas_Brady who Derry City are please?

Brilliant
is this on TV @Bandage?

1 Like

I enjoyed that