Jesus that lad …

derry completely on top here

extra time 2-2 after 90 mins

shit by L’derry

Things stinking at Dundalk @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy @mickee321

They’ll be bust in no time

https://twitter.com/JGill_Giller/status/1298314874007805959?s=19

1 Like

What’s going on? They seemed the model of professionalism for so long and then they just decided, fuck it let’s make a balls of this?

I would say a lot of the problems started the day this happened

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.irishtimes.com/sport/soccer/national-league/dundalk-fc-sold-to-american-investment-firm-1.3360730%3Fmode=amp

Were they ever well run?

The ground is a dump

ive posted a lot about it
in short
in 2016 stephen kenny performed one of the greatest miracles imaginable in irish sport and maybe european club football- not an exaggeration BTW by getting getting dundalk to beat BATE Borisov and come pretty close to putting Legia out in a champions league playoff in front of 32k peopel at the aviva
they backed that up by then in the groups being the first irish team to win a game beating Maccabi Tel aviv, drawing in Alkmaar and leading Zenit away - these are teams on 100x the dundalk budget…

so peak 6 , who had interests in bournemouth and the NHL decided ok, what is the minimum amount of investment needed to lift this side 1 game on, ie win a champions league qualifier and get to the groups
the potential was there - 32k in the aviva at the playoff, sold out tallaght x3 nights in the groups,- remember all that was needed, 800k for first qualifying round, 1.2 million for the second, 1.8 for the third and your there- stephen kenny is on 40k a year- most the players are on 2k max a month- whats not to loose?
ok - 2017, boyle, horgan depart- rosenberg thump them in euope - thats the level you want to be at- cork win the league- 2018 - AEK Larnaca smash them in the UEFA and then last year Qarabag and Slovan dump them, in the meantime - you spend cash bringing in fellas like andy burton from skysports- spend silly money on fellas like Marco tajbajumi and levdukas with no yield, and then you post a loss,
Kenny leaves- lads like jamie macgrath and benson leave because instead of kenny they have a LSL coach and a fella john gill - all along a man like mark burton from man city cant work with perth …

the problem - they wanted and easy profit - these boys are done - the italian coming in is just so it wont damage reputation
IMHO they should have invested in the squad and paid reasonable dollar for a manager
dundalk were close lads- they were very close in 2016 - if they gave those lads 5 year deals 100k a year they’d have stayed and where would they be now?

i can tell ye all the story about Arkaga in 2008 in cork or maybe we could read death of a football club by neal horgan?

this is the LOI lads,

12 Likes

That’s the pattern for any LOI club that has relative success.

Shels in the noughties,got a succesful team together, someone came in, fucked money at it, realised there was no gain, almost folded. Rovers similar enough, Cork City, same thing.

Limericks owner fucked a pile of money at it but couldn’t sustain it.

I think Rovers are the only sustainable club in the League of Ireland. They should be an example for all

2 Likes

Can you tell us the Arkaga story and how Tom Coughlan became hated?

I thought he was doing his best trying to save CCFC?

Fellas were close enough to investing in Fyffes shares there around 2016 if I remember it right

Liquidate the club and get handed a free stadium by the government?

5 Likes

Yeah that’s a predictable enough response for this place.

They got a leg up when they needed it, a few clubs have and have subsequently fucked up. They’ve done things right this time.

They’ve embedded in the community, set up the proper structures, developed links across the water, got proper coaching and academies going. They’ve done tremendous work over a long period of time and are about the only club I’ve seen getting it right. I hope its sustainable and a blueprint for Irish professional soccer.

But yeah, 5 points for cynicism @Mac

1 Like