Irish soccerball nil - That boy Bazunu will save us (Part 1) 🐐

It’ll be interesting to see if Jeff Hendrick remembers how to play football when the ball is on the deck

WTF is Spocks problem with Byrne& Obafemi

he is over promoted to this job

1 Like

Am I the only one who thinks Stevens is bang ordinary? Lads on about attacking threat, he is as cagey and risk averse as fuck. One paced too from what I’ve seen yet lads go on that he has bags of pace

1 Like

I think you are being a tad harsh on him. I think he’s been bang average for Ireland but that’s because he seemed to have been told not to cross the half way line

Stevens is the fastest player in the EPL

He was excellent against Denmark in fairness

He’s been fantastic recently. I never rated him but he’s been brilliant for 12 months

He’s come on in leaps and bounds. Chris Wilder seems to get more out of lads.

He is in his bollocks

Good point. Wilder has been great for Ireland.

That’s a misleading stat. I remember Paul Dummett was at the top of that a few years ago and if you watched him he’s not fast at all in footballing terms. In football, players rarely get up to their top speed and one of the only positions where they will is a defender sprinting back after being out of position

He’s consistently getting clocked up around 35kph in those things.

It’s not a misleading stat. It shows who has the ability to get up to top speed in a short amount of time, which is the opposite of one paced, as was claimed above

It is very misleading. Enda Stevens is not faster than Adama Traore or Allan Saint Maximin for example, not even close. It also doesn’t show who can get up to top speed in the least amount of time. If you are a winger you will likely never get near your top pace on a football pitch as it’s short bursts. At full back, you will sometimes have to sprint back 60 or 80 yards at full pace if the other team is on the counter attack

Also anything I see online doesn’t have Enda Stevens in the top 10 for fastest players clocked in the PL

https://statsports.com/who-are-the-fastest-players-at-euro-2020/#:~:text=Enda%20Stevens%2C%20Rep.&text=A%20surprising%20name%20on%20the,impressive%20start%20to%20the%20season.

He’s the only full back on the list

A few seasons back Phil Jagielka topped those stats so I wouldn’t trust them

Fair enough. Any of the Premier League lists I’ve seen don’t have him in the top 10. Flat out sprint speed is not the same as speed which is mostly relevant to football. If you watch Enda Stevens play, he’s not terribly slow but nor is he lightning fast and sprinting past his opposite number on the overlap

I’ve often seen him bombing on for Sheffield. He gets forward quite a bit. Speed is speed.

Id like to see something like

Randolph

Coleman Duffy  Egan

Doherty Stevens

McCarthy  

Hendrick                Molumby

Long             Connolly

Two right wing backs is a nice tactical innovation- overload the wing

3 Likes

It’s 100% going to be 4 at the back

1 Like